• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by NLP View Post
    If you can't see what difference TIME makes to joe public... you should just forget this lark.
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    pmsl... er yeah, i've been away on a training program... or wherever you fancy... just wanna keep you sheep happy.
    Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa humbug !!!!

Comment

i just think when it comes to lending money, the person who has lent the money has the ultimate say rather than the person who borrowed the money, it is their money after all and if someone unexpected comes up such as the lender suddenly owes the borrower money ( for any reason) it is perfectly acceptable to consider it is their perogative to ofset the money against what is owed to them as opposed to handing it over. If the person who borrowed it doesnt like it, then pay back all the money and borrow from someone else, or if they are credit worthy and can afford the extra debt , then go borrow it elsewhere.
      It is the borrowers choice to do buisness with the lender not the other way round. If they dont like it then move their business elsewhere . No I work on the side of the consumer , and im not presenting an argument speaking through my own pocket or the pocket of the cnsumer, Im expressing what I consider to a balanced thought in a fair way. This way of thinking brought me top marks in business ethics at University so Im comfortable with my position. However I respect others may not agree, I wish those who dont agree could respect others who dont agree with them instead of getting rude & childish

Comment

Still waiting are we?

Who was it that said this would be fast tracked PMSL
        It was HH Justice McKenna in the Court Order of 21 October, who ordered that the case was ''suitable for expedition'' - attached.

Expedition means that ''In granting an application for expedition, the court may seek to mitigate the disruption caused to other parties by giving procedural directions not currently given in the ordinary run of cases with a view to ensuring that the appeal is heard in the minimum time necessary to achieve a just result.''

And so it was.

Is that clear enough for you?

I don't know why you think the perceived delay in this case is so amusing as you have previously claimed that you are funding ''about'' 5 Claims Management Companies and so any delay in cases as a result of the JR would clearly have a negative impact on your investment.

But then serial dishonesty must be awfully difficult to coordinate.

Comment

Britain risks another crisis: bank chief - Yahoo! News UK

news item found on yahoo today that might be of interest, thanks di for your help and advice re cut and pasting articles
          Last edited by cappo; 5th March 2011, 09:46:AM.

Comment

Still waiting are we?

Who was it that said this would be fast tracked PMSL

They are winning, and will continue to win.... with... the weapon of choice

TIME
            Patience is a virtue, have it if you can, sometimes found in women NEVER found in man.
            Last edited by leclerc; 5th March 2011, 13:21:PM. Reason: have removed second line as irrelevant.
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...ief-warns.html

"Mr King, who rarely gives interviews, suggests that the culture of short-term profits and bonuses within the banks may ultimately be responsible for the problems.
              He says that traditional manufacturing industries have a more “moral” way of operating."

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post

"Mr King, who rarely gives interviews, suggests that the culture of short-term profits and bonuses within the banks may ultimately be responsible for the problems.
                He says that traditional manufacturing industries have a more “moral” way of operating."
                AC, why did MK take so long to work that one out, I think the FSA or OFT had more or less said that the bonus structures are the the reasons for their problems......blimey, has he started to read more than the financial reports?

Angela Knight is said to be not very happy with his comments btw(will get link when I can be bothererd to, lol!)

EDIT: BBC reporter is stating that she was "cross" with his comments.(sorry but it's on twitter)

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post

he,s got that one right!

Comment

i just think when it comes to lending money, the person who has lent the money has the ultimate say rather than the person who borrowed the money, it is their money after all and if someone unexpected comes up such as the lender suddenly owes the borrower money ( for any reason) it is perfectly acceptable to consider it is their perogative to ofset the money against what is owed to them as opposed to handing it over.

But only on arrears, consumer contracts are sacrosanct they made an agreement as well as the consumer and agreed to the terms of x amount over x amount of years.

So my opinion is unless the borrower agrees to pay up early why should they be forced to as there in nothing in an agreement/contract that says you have to apart from arrears.
                    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Further to AC's article in The Telegraph, Robert Peston's blog.

BBC - Peston's Picks: Is entente impossible between governor and banks?

Comment

Originally posted by NLP

Clowns like you have an agenda to keep fooling the honest folk on here with your tripe...

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                          Further to AC's article in The Telegraph, Robert Peston's blog.

BBC - Peston's Picks: Is entente impossible between governor and banks?
                          And a response by the BBA

BBA - The voice of banking and financial services - Media - Article - Statement On Remarks By The Bank Of England Governor

Comment

Attempted humour is only worthwile.... if the situation calls for it.

Well done... epic fail.

Nice work this fine morning.

Comment

Looks like it's handbags out with the BBA and Robert Peston.
                              I'm surprised they haven't really commented on Mervyn Kings comments in The Telegraph really.

EDIT: The BBA statement was about Robert Peston.
                              BBA Commented on twitter: "Doesn't quite answer your question but what we've said is "

I need more caffeine
                              Last edited by leclerc; 5th March 2011, 11:55:AM.

Comment

Mervyn King throws verbal grenade into Bank debate | BBC Joe Lynam

BBC reporter Joe Lynam's article.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X