• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

''In his ruling the judge made clear that for technical matters such as this, Parliament has given the FSA a high degree of discretion over its decisions and that only a completely indefensible action or statute breach would lead to judicial interference. A pretty strong warning to anyone considering a judicial review of the regulator in future.''

That is interesting and encouraging indeed, too early yet I know but lets say the FSA/FOS wins would PPI claimants have any grounds for claiming compensation on top of their claims.

I wonder what the FSA/FOS view on this is because the way I see it the BBA and Banks would have brought an unjust claim to the courts and hence put many claimants in further debt by holding on claims.

It is or rather was the case in my claim they unjustly took too long 2.5 yrs in total and in that time the arrears were building up.

Indeed many claimants that win do not go swanning down the pub etc. with there wins it is needed to pay off borrowings.

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

This could cost the Financial Industry lol blimey its like a game of slap

http://www.compliancy-services.co.uk...se-in-fos-levy

sigpic

Comment

Blimey......

"
        PPI cases dealt with by the FOS are expected to total 68,000 by the end of this financial year."

Comment

And if the FSA/FOS win the case I expect that to increase with all the publicity.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            And if the FSA/FOS win the case I expect that to increase with all the publicity.

You taken the words out of my mouth PF.

Comment

Hasn't the FOS or BBA (sorry, can't remember which) said that any cases put on hold due to the JR wich are then decided in favour of the customer will be awarded the amount they deserve in compensation plus interest on this amount for the delay in processing?

CT

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Tuesday View Post
                Hasn't the FOS or BBA (sorry, can't remember which) said that any cases put on hold due to the JR wich are then decided in favour of the customer will be awarded the amount they deserve in compensation plus interest on this amount for the delay in processing?

CT
                I'm not sure if either the FOS or BBA said that specifically but it goes without saying that any award should include interest from the dates premiums were paid to the date they are refunded.

The FOS typically use 8% simple interest on successful PPI complaints, going by the examples here online PPI resource, how does the ombudsman approach redress where a PPI policy has been mis-sold?
                Last edited by EXC; 17th January 2011, 11:10:AM.

Comment

That might be where I got the idea from!

CT

Comment

Exc & Chip

Any views on my post in post 48 here on my Barclaycard thread

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...102#post192102

Comment

Turbo, I can't seem to access the Barclay's thread link you posted above... how do you get to the page using the menus?

CT

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Tuesday View Post
                        Turbo, I can't seem to access the Barclay's thread link you posted above... how do you get to the page using the menus?

CT
                        Sorry Chip---its in VIP section

Comment

sad times!

Comment

It said this Chip

Bill

Got to post up my corres yet---but been thinking (I know-could be dangerous)

As a few lenders are putting claims on hold pending the JD-not sure re Barclaycard or Halifax

Why don't we calculate the alternative sums using the new FSA Handbook and devise a letter:
                            • anticipating 6 yr Limitations Argument
                            • giving them option of paying out £X --using a) FOS method
                            • giving them option of paying out £Y -- using b) New method if JD is won
                            • and saying--you got to payout anyway-so I'll accept the lesser now
                            What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              Blimey......

"
                              PPI cases dealt with by the FOS are expected to total 68,000 by the end of this financial year."

Think that is absolute chicken feed compared to whats coming

Industry article I read a few months back estimated summer 2012 as being the peak time

I'm going to grab some popcorn, sit back and watch the banks get a darn good pasting

Yee ha!

Comment

And no doubt it will be everyone's fault except there own again.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X