• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by Chip Tuesday View Post
    Presumable you submitted your complaint before this morning?!

If so then they don't have a foot to stand on. The policy statement is only effective from today, and even then Barclays are a member of the BBA who won't be enforcing the PS rules.

To me it sounds as though the banks are trying to have their cake and eat it. They're relying on the policy statement in one respect and disregard it in another.

what do they think they're doing?!

CT
    Loan/PPI was taken out in 2007 and the PPI was first complained about to FirstPlus/Barclays in August 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post
      'The standards against which your complaint should be assessed, namely the FSA policy statement on PPI complaints and guidance published by the FOS are the subject of legal proceedings between the BBA, the FSA and the FOS........ Loan/PPI was took out in 2007 and the PPI was first complained about at the end of August 2010. Now getting ready to pass it on to the FOS.
      This is nonsense IMO.

The standards against which your complaint should be assessed are those that they were bound by for the 8 week period in which it should have been assessed - ie September & October. Any change in standards beyond 1 December are utterly irrelevant to your complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        This is nonsense IMO.

The standards against which your complaint should be assessed are those that they were bound by for the 8 week period in which it should have been assessed - ie September & October. Any change in standards beyond 1 December are utterly irrelevant to your complaint.

I soooo want call them up and gripe down the phone informing them of this fact! I could just read your post word for word to them?

Comment

I soooo want call them up and gripe down the phone informing them of this fact! I could just read your post word for word to them?

It's up to you. Personally I'd write it in response to the e-mail and remind them that the FSA, who are the authority on the matter, expect them to deal with your complaint regardless of the JR:

''We are vigorously contesting the review and firms are expected to continue handling complaints while this process is ongoing.''

Regulating the Motor Market

Comment

If i submit a complaint today to Natwest (i believe they are seeing if they are affected by the JR) will they still look at it subject to the JR or is every new complaint now on hold as 1st dec is here??

Comment

Originally posted by Footynut View Post
              If i submit a complaint today to Natwest (i believe they are seeing if they are affected by the JR) will they still look at it subject to the JR or is every new complaint now on hold as 1st dec is here??
              I would think that there is even more chance of your complaint being held now that the new requirements are in place and would apply to it - not that that's any genuine justification mind.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                This is nonsense IMO.

Couldn't resist! Just called up FirstPlus and asked why my complaint was on hold. They just kept quoting the Judicial Review. That covers a lot of ground and I asked could he could he be a little more specific to me. Basically no was the answer. I then quoted the above post from EXC to him and basically what I was told was if your not happy go to the FOS. I asked again for a valid reason to why my complaint was on hold the answer yet again was 'judicial review'.

I guess I have no option but to get my case ready for the FOS?

Comment

FOS it up Soapy!

CT

Comment

I guess I have no option but to get my case ready for the FOS?
                    I would. As your complaint has been unresolved since August you don't have to wait.

Comment

The BBA are looking to get the FOS guidelines from 2008 quashed. Even if FOS uphold your complaint the whole JR process will see that you dont get your refund, not until after the Supreme Court hearing in 2012 anyway ( and thats assuming the FSA win). I can see FOS asking for a waiver early next year too. PPI: game over.

Comment

Originally posted by mids View Post
                        I can see FOS asking for a waiver early next year too. PPI: game over.
                        A waiver from what?

Only financial institutions regulated by the FSA can apply for a waiver.

Comment

if your not happy go to the FOS.

This is exactly what the FSA/FOS are trying to rid, complaints that end up at there door that should never have been
                          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                          PPI: game over.
                          Mids,

Since when has PPI Mis-selling been a game ?
                          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 1st December 2010, 18:40:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

'Game over' is a figure-of-speech not intended to be taken literally. In answer to your specific question: PPI mis-selling has never been a 'game' as such.
                            In this instance the term 'game-over' is intended to signify my belief that the procedure of reclaiming mis-sold PPI is nearing an end, certainly in terms of 80-90% uphold rates. A BBA victory ( which I believe is nailed-on) will see uphold rates fall to a more sustainable 20% ish. There will be no denial of 'PPI mis-selling' but a significant goal-post shift ( another figure of speech) will see many consumers walk away without any refund. Time will tell.

Comment

I do not believe that to be the case, there are many thousands of possible claimants out there still to be redressed.

Indeed the FOS has not even touched the water yet.

These new rules will make claiming easier and there by bring more claims.

sigpic

Comment

This is a link to the FSA HANDBOOK with the changes that became effective today

http://fsahandbook.info/FSA/whatsNew.jsp#DES6

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X