• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lloyds puts PPI claims on hold in defiance of regulator

Good luck nelllie. X

Comment

Thanks Di

I didn't hold out much hope on the LTSB front for this complaint even before the judicial review (it's that really early one we discussed ages ago OTR), so I don't consider my chances good there.

What I'm really concerned about is the dreaded Norton cheque.............it being such a biggie!

Nellie x

Comment

FOS confirm to me that nothing has changed whatsoever in spite of what Lloyds Banking Group has said.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          I will send my copies/reclaims to the FOS with what I sent Lloyds yesterday.
          I still think that FOS will expect the consumer to make complaints as usual and WAIT the 8 weeks before they accept the complaint. This way they are not doing anything that they should not be doing. They are then giving the business a chance to respond. IF after 8 weeks the firm has made no response then the complaint can be taken to them as normal. I doubt that complaints will be able to "just" go to FOS like that. That would mean going ahead of people that have already made their complaint to a business and have waited their 8 weeks.

Something could be settled before 8 weeks anyway.

Comment

bottom line here is that all the consumer websites need to get together and actually do something this time around, with the bank charges it was pathetic, everybody sat around with their pants around their ankles getting shafted.

Site team, do something, plan something, speak to other site teams and lets get 200,000 people protesting outside the lloyds head office, CAG alone have 250,000 members... get Martin Lewis involved.

DO SOMETHING this time for crying out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
              bottom line here is that all the consumer websites need to get together and actually do something this time around, with the bank charges it was pathetic, everybody sat around with their pants around their ankles getting shafted.

Site team, do something, plan something, speak to other site teams and lets get 200,000 people protesting outside the lloyds head office, CAG alone have 250,000 members... get Martin Lewis involved.

DO SOMETHING this time for crying out loud.
              I quite agree NLP - but here on LB and MSE people are doing the best they can to establish exactly what's going on and what if anything can be done, then informing the other members of the facts as/when they occur.

Have searched OTR and there seems to be very little discussion going on about this very important topic - unless I'm looking in the wrong place

Would love to join you on a protest outside Lloyds btw.............

Comment

Plus will not work with LB whatsoever nor will they have links to ANY information on here so whilst it might be nice for them to work with the rest of us including MSE, they won't. Why work with them when they have no information and appear not to be doing anything? Sorry, but some of us have our heads out of our rear and are trying to get the information for everyone else. You can't do anything if one bank does something unilaterally and when we do not know under what rules they are doing this by.
                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                  Plus will not work with LB whatsoever nor will they have links to ANY information on here so whilst it might be nice for them to work with the rest of us including MSE, they won't. Why work with them when they have no information and appear not to be doing anything? Sorry, but some of us have our heads out of our rear and are trying to get the information for everyone else. You can't do anything if one bank does something unilaterally and when we do not know under what rules they are doing this by.
                  I understand this much, but lets see what prevails over the coming days... i can guess what... but lets see.

Loads of hot air, never any action.

Consumer action groups? loool

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
                    I still think that FOS will expect the consumer to make complaints as usual and WAIT the 8 weeks before they accept the complaint. This way they are not doing anything that they should not be doing. They are then giving the business a chance to respond. IF after 8 weeks the firm has made no response then the complaint can be taken to them as normal. I doubt that complaints will be able to "just" go to FOS like that. That would mean going ahead of people that have already made their complaint to a business and have waited their 8 weeks.

Something could be settled before 8 weeks anyway.

Yeah that's true, I mis read on PF's post above............"if the 8 weeks have passed", and that's right, something may be settled by then anyway. X

Comment

Reports now about Halifax joining the "on hold" crew... don't know how true that is... was on twitter

Comment

Looks like its starting to esculate then?

Comment

anyone seen the french on sky news they take no s*** us brits are miles behind in making our feelings known
                          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                            anyone seen the french on sky news they take no s*** us brits are miles behind in making our feelings known
                            Yep, PF they may have their faults but they are certainly good at revolting

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              Yeah that's true, I mis read on PF's post above............"if the 8 weeks have passed", and that's right, something may be settled by then anyway. X
                              I think what the FSA are saying is that you can go to the FOS from the point a bank tells you that your claim is pending the Judicial Review, rather than exhausting the 8 weeks.

Payment protection insurance: CFEB Moneymadeclear products explained

''If a firm tells you that it won’t give you an answer to your PPI complaint until after the court case, then you can take your complaint directly to the Financial Ombudsman Service for a decision if you don’t want to wait for the firm’s future answer.''

Comment

wafty crankers the bankers are
                                sigpic"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X