• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Banks challenge new PPI rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Banks challenge new PPI rules

PF do you (or anyone else for that matter!) have any idea if a legally binding decision by the FOS could still be enforced through the courts under these circumstances please?

Comment

dont quote me on this nellie but i believe as yours has been upheld by an ombudsman and thus the JR does not apply to you as it was upheld on the current rules and not the ones to be implemented on the 1st december i see no reason why you cant
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Right, just wondering now though whether I should still continue with the remaining 2 ppi complaints I have with lloyds or not?? (or wait)
        Its only now I started to get these together, just wish I came across these 2 when reclaimed on the last 4 lol.

Comment

an ombudsman decision is binding in court also i believe

sigpic

Comment

di, why wait?

the FOS and FSA have said business as usual... and if after 8 weeks they say no, give it to the FOS.

Comment

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...scJ5yFkVimgEqw

I don't know if I have posted the above link ok.

In relation to binding decisions made by the ombudsman etc.

Comment

yep di start now you have nothing to lose eather way

sigpic

Comment

That is so true NLP, no harm in doing so, going to do it.
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  yep di start now you have nothing to lose eather way

I will do, cheers PF.

Di
                  Last edited by di30; 9th October 2010, 23:26:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

we must not let people think about continuing to claim, i read elsewhere and i agree entirely, if the banks refute every single claims while the JR is taking place, they will just end up paying tons of money for every case kicked to the FOS.

surely this will cost them more money in the long-term?

so we must continue...even more so than ever.

Comment

I may as well get them done with.

My reasons are, it was a joint loan, hubby first account holder, they told him he must take the ppi to be accepted for the loans, yet when he tried making a reclaim they would not pay out, long story, but going to give it a go anyway.

I must admit back then, we were very laid back on this LOL.

Cheers folks.

Comment

Good points made NLP.

Comment

NLP exactly and every claim sent to fos costs them £450 so is in there interests to settle in the 8wks

sigpic

Comment

Very much so PF.

They are only costing themselves more.

Still takes me back to last week when receiving the additional refund from Lloyds lol.

Comment

Di as you know plenty of good folk here to help you so without further ado start a thread and start the ball rolling xx

sigpic

Comment

I think we should just take it in our stride, and just keep a check on what happens, but with the FSA and FOS on our sides - there is still strong hope for us.
                                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

Thanks PF, I will now just, cheers for that X

Why have i merged posts again? lol.
                                Last edited by di30; 9th October 2010, 23:41:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X