• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Banks challenge new PPI rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Banks challenge new PPI rules

In my opinion this is so bl**dy unfair, so short notice as well.

Especially for cases like Nellies that have been upheld in her favour, now to be given this news!
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Nellie

Contact the FOS on Monday, make them aware of what you have heard, its only fair they tell you the truth on this.
    Maybe they will be able to shed more light on this.
    Last edited by di30; 9th October 2010, 22:40:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

it is unfair, but we need to be calm and not spread wildfire that is not correct

the FSA / FOS are VERY VERY clear that claims should continue

and reading more into this judicial review, it seems its nothing like the bank charges, which was a proper test case.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        In my opinion this is so bl**dy unfair, so short notice as well.

Especially for cases like Nellies that have been upheld in her favour, now to be given this news!
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Nellie

Contact the FOS on Monday, make them aware of what you have heard, its only fair they tell you the truth on this.
        Maybe they will be able to shed more light on this.
        Will do Di - thank you

I'm not sure where I stand with a legally binding decision - not many other people seem to have been in that situation as most companies pay up before it gets to that stage it seems.

Also I'm not sure if Blakeney on MSE's ccomplaint got to the ombudsman/legally binding stage or if it was just an adjudicator decision - I've just PM'd her, but no reply as yet as she's probably turned in for the night............

What annoys me is that for the last 3 months the FOS have continually told me to allow Norton more time - yet it will be 6 months this week since the ombudsman upheld the adjudicator's decision :tinysmile_cry_t:

Nellie x

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          AC,

That report was merely to inform that Lloyds is to stop selling PPI and as did all the other banks et al this was not Lloyds own measure it was forced on the banks by the FSA.

It has nothing to do with banks stopping to deal with complaints.

PF
          Am aware, PF!
          Having followed the PPI rip-off for years...'the payment protection racket'

Let us not forget the Competion Commission findings, also:
          http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010...n-ppi-sale-ban

One can obtain information about each bank and their costs/profits re: PPI.

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
            it is unfair, but we need to be calm and not spread wildfire that is not correct

the FSA / FOS are VERY VERY clear that claims should continue

and reading more into this judicial review, it seems its nothing like the bank charges, which was a proper test case.
            I agree NLP, but Norton have been avoiding paying out on a legally binding decision for 6 months and will now obviously jump at the opportunity to avoid paying out at all, especially as they have already informed another complainant via the FOS that they have put all claims on hold............

Comment

Yes I agree NLP......we shall see what turns up in writing if this is the case, and take it from there if needs to be.

Comment

Originally posted by nelliewops View Post
                Will do Di - thank you

I'm not sure where I stand with a legally binding decision - not many other people seem to have been in that situation as most companies pay up before it gets to that stage it seems.

Also I'm not sure if Blakeney on MSE's ccomplaint got to the ombudsman/legally binding stage or if it was just an adjudicator decision - I've just PM'd her, but no reply as yet as she's probably turned in for the night............

What annoys me is that for the last 3 months the FOS have continually told me to allow Norton more time - yet it will be 6 months this week since the ombudsman upheld the adjudicator's decision :tinysmile_cry_t:

Nellie x

Your welcome Nellie. XX

I just had a quick nose now over at MSE, hopefully Blakeney will get back with a useful post/message tomorrow for you.

Norton have had long enough already, so its more stalling time then??
                Maddening!

Comment

Originally posted by nelliewops View Post
                  I agree NLP, but Norton have been avoiding paying out on a legally binding decision for 6 months and will now obviously jump at the opportunity to avoid paying out at all, especially as they have already informed another complainant via the FOS that they have put all claims on hold............
                  nellie, dont worry, we have the FOS and FSA on our side... remember the banks are licensed by the FSA, so they are the masters.

blooming cheeky of them to take the FSA on, would love it if they took a license or two away over this

Comment

I suppose its just the fact of having to wait a little longer then for payouts of complaints already upheld?

I do think if this does go in our favour, further redress should be awarded for the inconvenience this have caused - to the ones who have had upheld cases and have been waiting for their refund.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      Your welcome Nellie. XX

I just had a quick nose now over at MSE, hopefully Blakeney will get back with a useful post/message tomorrow for you.

Norton have had long enough already, so its more stalling time then??
                      Maddening!
                      Extremely Di - their letter saying they would be sending out the refund cheque on or before the 15th only arrived this morning too

Comment

Bl**dy heck!!!

How frustrating!!!

Comment

if they have said they have upheld the claim and will payout soon, i would be very surprised if you did not see that money soon enough.

its another issue altogether if they stop processing claims mid stream, but if yours has been processed and they say they will pay you X and then dont.... they are in BIG trouble legally.

dont worry.

Comment

Yes maybe the payouts are still ongoing, so Nellie, you could see what happens by the date you were told, still contact the FOS to ease your mind. X

Comment

We have in black and white from the FSA and FOS that claims will continue as normal while JR is being heard so i think we should be going on that and not what we have heard from other boards if we encounter any problems i think we should quote what the fsa and fos has said until we have differant confirmed PF
                              If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Yes that is so true PF. I'm with you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X