• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lloyds tsb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lloyds tsb

I took out a loan for £20,000.00 in feb 2006 with a one of pi payment added of £4,869.31. This was payed of in nov 2007 with a net rebate of £2,738.78 on the ppi which was used to reduce the loan settlement. Apparently it had been explained that this rebate was based on a sliding scale due to the risk being higher at the start of the loan, They are prepared to offer a more favourable rebate on a pro rata basis as a gesture of goodwill on this occasion A pro-rata rebat would have amounted to £3676.75 .They are offering the difference of £937.97.
    They have rejected all our claims that the ppi was mis sold.
    Any advise does this seem a fair offer

Re: lloyds tsb

Hello numtisdavies, can I just ask if they rejected your claim for mis selling of the PPI why did they return any of it? Did you just cancel?

Comment

We paid the loan off early so there was a rebate on the ppi. We had still paid 19 months payments. i am self employed and didnt actually fill any of the forms the bank filled them in and i signed them but it was very, no ppi no loan. I didnt even realise it had been added until i went over the old forms. They have rejected all our points.This is one of two claims the second they havent even responded to, i think it is because the second is on an ongoing loan

Comment

If as you say you were self employed and in your T&C's it doesn't state that being self employed is covered then you were mis sold and should be returned all the PPI plus interest.
        You can go to the FOS who will help you though it may take a little while, please have a read of this info http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=18115

Comment

You need to check your T/Cs ref self employed. I have a copy of Lloyds PPI T/Cs from 2004 and they did cover S/E then.

Have you sent SAR ?. If not then this will be your first thing to do (as in any PPI claim).

What are you exact reasons for mis-sell ?.
          Can you show us what lettters you have already sent ?.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X