• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nesta v Barclays PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nesta v Barclays PPI

This is my thread for my PPI claim, please feel free to chip in with any comments or suggestions!

I took out a bank loan in 2004 and I believe I was missold PPI by Barclays. I wrote and asked for a copy of my original loan agreement, I received a printed version unsigned by either party (linked below). Loan is £11900 over 84 months @ 15.9% APR (what was I thinking?!), totalling £7375 interest, + single premium loan for PPI of £3866 plus £2396 interest. Total repayment is £304 per month over 84 months. I haven't been able to pay in full for a year and I'm paying £70 per month through CCCS.

I then sent a letter of complaint/claim on 4th Nov:

I purchased the above policy from you in 2004 but now believe that I was miss-sold this policy for the following reasons:

1. This is due to the fact your member of staff did not ask me about any previous medical conditions or inform me of the effect that they could have on the insurancewhen the policy was sold.

1. This is due to the fact that I was not given the correct information when the policy was sold to me, as

• your salesperson did not tell me that the policy was optional,
    • your salesperson stated that taking out the policy was essential for me to get the associated credit, and
    • your salesperson did not give me full information on what the policy would and would not cover.

Unless you can satisfactorily justify to me that the policy was fair and reasonable I am requesting a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid to date. As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect 8% statutory interest, the amount a court would award, to be added to each payment made.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded within eight weeks or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

I received a reply today:

Sorry you've had to complain.. blah blah

"We are looking into your concerns and will let you have an answer or update as quickly as possible, but no later than 3rd Dec 2009. To assist our investigations further, I would be grateful if you could complete the enclosed questionnaire and return it to me in the envelope provided.
    "

My question is - do I have to complete the questionnaire and should I? (I've tried to link but it won't upload the pdf)

Any comments? as all advice is gratefully received.

Re: Nesta v Barclays PPI

These questionnaires are quite common now, if you decide to fill it in and in my opinion there is no reason why you shouldnt, fill in what you can and leave blank what you cant.

Comment

Email the pdf to admin@legalbeagles.info and we will upload it for you.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

thanks pinkniko & tools

Comment

As requested, couldnt upload pdf for some reason so have done it as text file
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

thanks Tools

I'm thinking of not filling it out and waiting for their response as everything was covered in my initial letter, what do you think?

Comment

It may be part of their audit/assessment process, up to you.

Comment

You would need to let them know one way or the other or they may use it as an excuse to not continue with your complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by pinknico View Post
                  You would need to let them know one way or the other or they may use it as an excuse to not continue with your complaint.

I agree, they will just say you have not filled in the form and start to delay your claim further.
                  Enaid x

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

reply received saying they are investigating and I will have a response early January.

Comment

another reply received saying it's ongoing and they will contact me in February...

They have also put that I can go to the FOS if I wish due to the time taken without them having resolved my complaint - I think I'm going to to this

Nesta

Comment

Just to say, i have just had my PPI contributions returned by Barclays.It took a year. They were as good as their word and responded within the time scale they had promised but each time it was just to say we are looking at the case. I contacted the FOS , theyr esponded and gave a deadline for Barclays to make a decsion and then to settle . In the end across about a fortnight we were on the phone almost every day to Barclays, finally it was settled.
                          I had intially used advice from this site for which i am very grateful. My loan was 10 years old!!!
                          Hope you don't wait too long. Go to FOS , they are busy people so that takes a bit of time as well. Good Luck.

Comment

Thanks patbl for letting us know the outcome of your claim, it is always good to hear how people went on, even better when it's good news. By posting you are helping others see it can be done, once again thanks.
                            Enaid x

Comment

Well done!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X