• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dogtired v Welcome finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogtired v Welcome finance

First timer doing this so please excuse me if I ramble.
    Some time ago (2002) we approched "Black Horse" with a view to get a personal loan.
    We got some forms to fill in from Welcome Finance and were accpted (I know read the small print everyone!)
    Anyway we payed and then in the December of the next year were able to make a lump sum payment of three thousand pounds
    In March the following year we had a call from the local branch (Stockport) to say that they had had a problem with computers and they needed all our details again, these were duly signed and sent off, continued to pay...
    Then 2003/2004 we decided to move to Norfolk this took some time and the lawyer was instructed to pay a lump sum equivelent to the sum needed to settle the loan, however it was then we discovered that we had a different account number to the documents in our possession and the person that was supposed to meet us at the lawyers did not turn up!
    To save time and we did not lose the house we were moving to them she paid them six thousand pounds, which we htought would settle the account.
    It took a further nine months to be transfered to a local branch initially Yarmouth (which closed) and then Norwich and since then we have been trying to get them to admit that due to inability to supply correct documents the loan is invalid.
    We have recently been successful in a claim for mis-selling of ppi against them but they are still trying to say that we have to pay them quiting a court reference (Ranking(Basil) v Halifax: Ranking (Amanda )V HFC Bank ltd (2009) C.C.L.R 3) (how do we find out about this)
    They do admit however that currently the account is unenforeceable!
    The ombudsman advices us just to wait out the eight weeks they have asked for and go from there.
    We cannot see how they can pay us, and others that have been suuccessful when Catltes, the parent companies Bond Holders are demanding there cash back!
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Re: Dogtired v Welcome finance

I'm not sure how they think the Rankine case applies here. It would be up to them to try to take YOU to court, not the other way about. It's not as if you are trying to get it declared unenforcable. And from the way they have totally mismanaged the whole thing, PLUS admitted it's uenforcable, they are hardly likely to try.

In any case, having admitted the PPI was mis-sold means that the agreement is unenforcable in its entirety anyway.

I'd do as the FOS says and give them the time allowed. I really do hope they don't go belly up though. They owe me a shed load of cash too.
    My Blog
    http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Re: Dogtired v Welcome finance

here is a thread on the Rankines http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...hlight=rankine

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X