• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI payout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI payout

Good evening, I’d like an opinion please

I received today an unexpected letter from my Building Society a letter with regards to a PPI claim I made personally in January of 2018 which at the time was refused. They have now overturned that decision and will be making a payout of £1141.00.

like an idiot I signed up to Allays in July of 2019. Thinking I’ll have another go but again any claims being rejected.

Am I obligated to inform them of the now successful claim even though this was made by me personally in 2018, 18 month’s previous to (stupidly) engaging them.

The letter states if the “Original “ claim was made by a CMC they “may” need to be informed although the Society would not inform them.

In my mind the original claim was made by me - would Allays have any comeback should they find out I had had a payout.

Reading this forum with interest I see they are total sharks and I have no need for that in my life!

Your opinions would be appreciated.

Tags: None

Hiya

It's not totally clear which claim (yours or Allay's) is now belatedly successful. You seem to think it's yours but the letter you quoted seems to say it's Allay.

It would be helpful to see the whole letter. Either post it here or you could email it to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

Is this Nationwide we're talking about? I know they're reviewing how they dealt with previously rejected claims.

If your original claim was considered by the BS and rejected, any subsequent claim wouldn't have been considered (as you can't claim twice) and simply rejected on that basis so in theory Allay's claim could not have been responsible for the payout. But the wording in the letter might shed some light on it.

Comment

Good morning

Yes Nationwide is the Building society.

I have emailed due to the size of the image I’m trying to upload, the site doesn’t like it.

To me, it reads as though it was my original claim as it refers to the claim I made in January of 2018, my involvement with Allay was not until July 2019

Many thanks in advance

Comment

Well the letter is clear that it was your original claim. The bit about 'if the claim was made by a CMC...' will be standard text to cover themselves.

So no there's no requirement to contact Allay and if Allay do somehow find out about the settlement and want to get cute, you have sufficient proof that they're not entitled to anything.

Comment

I’ve managed to scan the letters text (personal details edited)

23 February 2023

We've reviewed our decision on your Payment

Protection Insurance (PPI) complaint

Personal Loan account number ending: ****

We've recently reviewed the complaint you raised with us in January 2018, and we've updated our decision.

Our decision

We've decided to pay you in full to put you back in the position you would've been in if you hadn't taken out the PPI policy with your Personal Loan.

We'll pay you £1,142.49. You can see how we calculated this in the attached document, 'How we worked out your PPI refund'

What happens next?
          We'll pay this money into your Nationwide account ending ******* It could take up to 28 working days for this payment to show and it might have the reference name 'sundries credit'

This is the full and final settlement for your PPI complaint. The amount above covers all the premiums, commission where this has not been paid previously, and interest you paid for your PPI, which is in line with the FCA's rules and guidance for this type of complaint. If you believe there's any further impact not covered by this payment, please let us know either by calling or writing to us using the details at the top of this letter.

If vou used a claims management company when you made your original complaint, you might need to let them know we've changed our decision, especially ifthat means you'll owe them any fees. We won't contact them on your behalf.

We're here to help

Your rights
          You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman
          Service, free of charge - but you must do so within six months of the date of this letter.
          We hope this letter explains things clearly. If you have any questions, you can write to us using the address at the top of this letter, email us at
          INSO001

If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances.

For example, if the
          Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.
          If you keep the payment we've offered you, it won't affect your rights to refer your complaint to the FOS.
          However, we'll ask the FOS to take it into account when they look at your complaint.

You'll find all the information you need in the enclosed leaflet or at financial-
          ombudsman.org.uk

Nationwide Building Society is authorised by
          the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 106078
          Head Office: Nationwide Building Society, Nationwide House, Pipers Way, Swindon, SNB8 INW

Comment

Superb - thank you so much for your incredibly prompt response, very much appreciated.

Comment

No probs.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X