• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tesco redress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco redress

Hi, I know PPI has ended, but I have received a random letter from Tesco redress service. They initially turned me down, saying I had ticked a box excepting PPI. Checked the number, address etc, all seems as it should. They are now saying they should have paid it. Please don't judge me, but I defaulted on payments back in 2014. Date on letter says 2017 the redress is from. I was dx with secondary progressive MS, but being hospitalised I fell behind. They never told me I could claim on the ppi as I wasn't aware I had it & being ill I didn't pursue it as I didn't realise I had it. Con? Or wanting me to get in touch so debt is no longer statute barred. Date says from November 2017, but I applied for PPI 2015? Any advice would be much appreciated Thanks
    Tags: None

My understanding is that providing no payments or written communications admitting the debt has been made in the last 6 years, then the debt is statute barred.

PPI compensation shouldn't effect the debt being statute barred.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, can't understand why they are in touch after turning it down? I'm wary of writing my bank details on a letter? I know a ruling has kicked off PPI 2 I believe, but I haven't requested it because they initially turned me down?

Comment

Originally posted by Traceydc View Post
        Thanks for your reply, can't understand why they are in touch after turning it down? I'm wary of writing my bank details on a letter? I know a ruling has kicked off PPI 2 I believe, but I haven't requested it because they initially turned me down?
        Ask them to forward a cheque for the PPI compensation. You don't need to mention the debt because it's statute barred.

Comment

Thank you for your help!

Comment

Good afternoon all, just an update, after researching whether or not this was genuine, it turned out it was. I completed the form & they paid out last week. I have received a message this morning asking me to get in touch with them regarding this ppi. Can they request a repayment if it is a mistake? I did ask for a mis sold ppi in 2015, they said I wasn't eligible. I didn't reapply so I was surprised when they sent a letter 7 years later! I'm reluctant to phone them in case it's a scam, but I don't understand how they have my number. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks

Comment

Could it be that there is a lag in their communications, i.e. they don't now that they have paid out and are still chasing you to pay out (which they have already done). Write to them, explain the that the matter has now been resolved.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X