• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

capital one ppi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capital one ppi

I wrote off to capital one with regard to claiming back ppi on a credit card.
    They first refused to repay anything .So I sent them a second letter . I have just had a reply from them offering me back half of the payments +8% interest a total of £1500. Do you think I should hold out for the lot or accept there offer. they say the offer is one of good will

Re: capital one ppi

Originally posted by mahon252 View Post
    I wrote off to capital one with regard to claiming back ppi on a credit card.
    They first refused to repay anything .So I sent them a second letter . I have just had a reply from them offering me back half of the payments +8% interest a total of £1500. Do you think I should hold out for the lot or accept there offer. they say the offer is one of good will
    Can you post up your reasons for requesting the PPI to be refunded and also copies of the letters you sent them and their responses (minus your personal details).

We can then have a better idea of your claim.

Thanks

Tanz

Comment

The reason for my claim was I feel it was miss sold due to the fact that I was and still am self employed. If I wanted to make a claim on the ppi regarding unemployment. According to them I would have to be declared Bankrupt.
      My argument was if I was declared bankrupt then my dets would be wrote off any way. So this part of the ppi was of no use to a self employed person. And other insurance to cover for the other parts of the ppi is wildly available and much cheaper.
      I will sort out the letters and post.

Comment

Will pop back later

Comment

Re: M&S ppi

Can someone please help. My friend is trying to claim her ppi from M&S first she had a chargcard and then they changed it to an and more card. She wrote to M&S and received their final response saying that they would not give her a refund. When she rang the ombudsman they told her they could not help as M&S were not regulated at the time she took out the card in 1998. M&S are in partnership with HSBC but when she rang them they told her to complain to M&S.

Any advice would be welcome

Comment

Re: M&S ppi

Originally posted by showergirl View Post
            Can someone please help. My friend is trying to claim her ppi from M&S first she had a chargcard and then they changed it to an and more card. She wrote to M&S and received their final response saying that they would not give her a refund. When she rang the ombudsman they told her they could not help as M&S were not regulated at the time she took out the card in 1998. M&S are in partnership with HSBC but when she rang them they told her to complain to M&S.

Any advice would be welcome
            Has your friend registered?

If not why not ask her to and then start a thread.

Mahon, at work currently but about to go home due to snow so will be back in touch soon.

Comment

Hi mahon sorry for the delay, but been busy offline.

I think you have a case for mis-selling given your self employed status what letters have you sent already, could you post them up minus your details so we can see what gt you to this point and also any responses they sent you.

Have sent you a pm also.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X