• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Time Limit of 3 years for PPI?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Limit of 3 years for PPI?

Hi,
    My partner applied for PPI in August 2019 and we received a letter on 19 Feb saying that three out of the four loans had mis-sold PPI but the fourth loan could not be reviewed because of time limits.

Their explanation was this:

"We wrote to you about your PPI policy on 25 September 2013. We explained that we had reviewed our PPI sales process and found that your PPI policy may have been mis-sold. We outlined common failings in PPI sales and invited you to respond to us promptly if any of these concerns applied to you. Where the policy was sold more than six years ago, the FCA's complaint handling rules set a time limit of three years from the date that a consumer became aware that they had cause to complain. Your PPI sale occurred more than six years ago. We received your complaint on 27 August 2019. This is more than three years after our letter dated 25 September 2013. So, I'm unable to review your PPI mis-selling concerns."

Firstly, my partner is adamant that she only took out one loan so she is unsure why there is four loan numbers.Maybe this is not important but worth mentioning.

Secondly, we rented a lot in those days so the letter has obviously gone to the wrong address. We never received this letter so were unaware we had to reply. I do not know where they sent the letter but we could probably prove we were not there at the time.

In the appendix with the decision details under the loan they could not review due to time limits it states that the PPI charged on this loan was over 50%.*

Black Horse are asking us to accept the decision and keep ringing our phone.*

It seems odd to me that banks can send out a letter and if they do not receive a reply they can write the PPI off. Obviously, in our case we did not receive the letter so does this mean we haven't been made aware and therefore the time limit does not stand? I thought this whole process was about getting back PPI and didn't realise there was a time limit.*

Do you think we should ring Black Horse and explain and ask for a review of the loan they said had run out of time?* We are worried that if we accept the deal on the 3 out of 4 loans that we will not be able to review the fourth loan but at the same time we are worried that if we reject the offer and take it to the ombudsman that we will lose the money.*

Has anyone else had experience of PPI expiring due to time limits? What should we do please?

Many Thanks.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X