• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abbey loans ppi *** SUCCESS ***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbey loans ppi *** SUCCESS ***

Have sent my prelim letter to shabbey regarding 3 old loans I had with them.

They are pre 2004, so know I will be told to get stuffed by them, but prepared to give them a good run for my money

They have sent me a rather bias and selective wordage questionnaire to fill out and return within 14 days of the date of their letter or if may effect my claim.

err what my timescales mate not yours

Ok I have filled it in and attached a five page letter with it. pointing out the errors of their ways.

I have broached on the subject of Multiple agreements as well, so will wait and see what they come up with. If they do not respond and answer my specific questions, I am going to send them a questionnaire

Re: Abbey loans ppi

Oh yeah restricted and unrestricted use.
    Now that sounds interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
      Oh yeah restricted and unrestricted use.
      Now that sounds interesting.
      Hello CB,

It is indeed very interesting,

To be honest I am just about getting to grips with these matters myself

I have briefly mentioned these matters to them and suggested that they read the relevant legislation of the cca regarding multiple agreements. My letter is very polite and just giving them the idea that they are not dealing with a muppet.

Will wait to see what they come up with and then go for the jugular if not to my liking

Part of the reasoning for doing this, is the latest loan, which was also a top up loan, part of this money went to pay off the previous loans (which had ppi applied) and you know who has got that account now (although not heard anything from them since November)

Hope that makes sense

Comment

Does the latest loan have PPI on it as well.
        If so your looking at 2 restricted and 1 unrestricted, assuming there was money over.
        That being the case I bet they have pooched it up majorly

Comment

Hiya CB,

No the last loan did not have ppi applied, but it was part used as retricted credit to pay off the balance of the previous loan that did contain ppi and interest

Comment

Sounds a bit like my mess that I'm still trying to resolve.

CB's on a mission - Legal Beagles

I must admit I have let this one slide BIG time as I haven't had any communication from them since I gave their "DCA" a major tongue lashing last year.

I have sat down with figures and overall it isn't pretty reading at all, for them that is.
            I really should pull my finger out and get this resolved, well actually it's on my list, just need to get all the legalities clear and documented, as I feel this one will be going to court for resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
              Sounds a bit like my mess that I'm still trying to resolve.

CB's on a mission - Legal Beagles

I must admit I have let this one slide BIG time as I haven't had any communication from them since I gave their "DCA" a major tongue lashing last year.

I have sat down with figures and overall it isn't pretty reading at all, for them that is.
              I really should pull my finger out and get this resolved, well actually it's on my list, just need to get all the legalities clear and documented, as I feel this one will be going to court for resolution.
              These cases are enough to make you go mad (madder on my part), but they certainly keep the old brain cells ticking.

In some cases the facts are not that clear and you have to investigate the whole picture, and cover all your bases with whatever you can find to throw at them.

Get your finger out and do what you do best. LOL

give me a link to your thread so I can follow what you get up to

Comment

Links above

Comment

Well have heard back from the abbey regarding my complaint regarding the ppi applied to 3 loans in 1996,1997 and 1999.

To be honest I did not hold out for a easy ride with this one and would get the general fob off letter and have to pursue this one via the courts

Anyway, I was wrong, they have admitted that they could not establish I was provided with sufficent details to be able to make an informed decision when buying these policies and wish to compensate me with a full refund, plus 8% interest.

They have provided me with calculations regarding the refunds to the new top-up loans and in fact they are correct.

Not quite the £12,000 I was asking for, but a tidy little packet nevertheless.

Acceptance letter winging their way to them.

They have by far been the fairest company I have dealt with so far and fair credit to them

As I have always stated, go for it, you cannot possibly win if you never enter the race

Comment

All Good there Hell, nice and easy.

Comment

Thanks CB,

This money will come just at the right time, I need it to take a certain bank and another dca to court:tung:

Comment

Well done Hell, I must take my hat off to you, once you get your teeth into them you won't let go. Did the restricted and unrstricted element of this help with the refund?

I see another case for you coming up too, good luck.

Is it ok if I change your thread to "won"?

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                          Well done Hell, I must take my hat off to you, once you get your teeth into them you won't let go. Did the restricted and unrstricted element of this help with the refund?

I see another case for you coming up too, good luck.

Is it ok if I change your thread to "won"?
                          Thanks Enaid for your support.

To be honest, I did think that I would have a bit of a fight with them and was rather shocked (but delighted) by their honesty. They actually admitted this

More so the loans were 13, 12 and 10yrs old,

As regards the restricted and unrestricted element of these loans, they purposely never mentioned that issue, which I did ask their comments on.

Being taught to be suspect of these financial institutes, It makes me wonder if more could be done with these agreements, as in claiming the whole of the loan payments and they are aware of this fact.

Needless to say this element of the dispute is not what I was after, nor would pursue with this lot and I am happy that they have offered me the ppi payments and the 8% interest to date. Can't be that greedy

I will post more up after the cheques are sitting nicely in my bank account

Thanks it would be great if you could put won on the thread.

Comment

Re: Abbey loans ppi *** SUCCESS ***

Well done, you did fantasically.

Always good to hear a success story.

xx

Comment

Good work Hells.

One point to consider depending on the PPI though is that if a SPI then the % interest rate that would add interest to the balance of the debt would be far greater than that of 8% meaning that a settlement with 8% would be far less in monetary terms than if they were to offer a full refund which would include the actual interest levied to the account due to the PPI being added.

Having said that if you are happy with the offer then go for it and well done.

CONGRATS!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X