• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marbles Credit Card offer - totally confused - can someone help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marbles Credit Card offer - totally confused - can someone help?

Hi there, managed to finally get an offer out of these slippery little suckers. I don't think the calculation is right;

The gist of it is as follows;

Your CC was still open after Feb 2009, when it was transferred from HSBC to HBOS. HSBC has made us aware that your balance would have been £1,404.65 lower at the point it was transferred to HBOS had you not taken PPI. I've used this amount in my calculation to take into account any additional redress due.

The calculation then states this;

What your card balance would have been as at 30/04/2009 - £1,043.33
    The difference between your balance with PPI and what your balance would have been without PPI - £1,043.33
    Difference in payments made - £363.67
    Indirect losses included in the above - £12.00
    Plus compensatory interest - £1075.36
    Less Tax (boo) - £215.07
    Total payment due - £2267.79

Now, call me out for being totally stupid, but where is the figure from HSBC of £1404.65 in all this - I cannot see it anywhere? They say they've used it in the calculation, but they seem to have used a lower figure? I don't know if this is right or not? Can anyone help me and make sense of this calculation?
    Tags: None

Missed a bit;

Your card balance as at 30/04/2009 - £0.00
    What your card balance would have been as at 30/04/2009, had you not purchased PPI - £1043.83 - this is to replace line 1 of the calc figures above

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X