• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI question

Hiya,

CC Agreement, the T&C and the PPI questionnaire has arrived but how do you go about claiming PPI back when you never signed up for it even the box saying PPI is not ticked?

Any advice will be gratfeful
    THanks Shira

Re: PPI question

Hi Shira

What do you mean by 'PPI questionaire'?

I am presuming that you have got a copy of your Credit Card Application/contract and at the PPI section, it is not selected. Is this correct?

But according to your statements you have been paying PPI, Yes?

At what point did the PPI payments start on your account?

Also which Card/Company is this, and I will make the thread title a bit more specific to you case

PKea

Comment

I would have thought perhaps Shira was referring to a demands and needs questionnaire but seens as its a credit card and not a loan I now doubt this.

More likely the application form section minus a tick .

Comment

MINT PPI

It's Mint Credit Card (now RBS). The questionnaire form came in a separate letter from different department after I sent them a prelim letter for missold due O/H is slef employed few months back, but didn't realise that I need a copy of Credit Agreement & the Term & Conditions.

The account was opened in Jan 06 which the balance has been brought over from two old credit cards (0% transfer) The first PPI payment was taking out in Feb 06 & end in May 06 ..... 4 x £39.50.

Thanks Shira

Comment

Ok, I am going to send a LBA letter to Mint (now RBS) but although I haven’t done the spreadsheet yet coz I am not sure what interest I shall go for and hoping that someone could look at it to see if its ok.
          Thanks

Mr Chris Williams
          PPI Customer Concerns Team
          Regulatory Risk
          5th Floor
          1 Hardman Boulevard
          Manchester
          M3 3AQ

Xx/xx/2008

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: − Account No: XXXXXXXXXXX

I refer to your letter dated xxxxx, regarding my complaint that the Payment Protection Insurance for my Credit Card was mis-sold to me. This is due to the fact that I did not apply for the insurance at all. The copy of my CCA does not show a tick in the box. PPI was taken out from you on 15th Feb, 15th March, 14th April and 15th May 2006.

I calculate that you have taken £158.00 from my account, plus the interest that you have charged me on this amount which is £xxx, Total amount payable please is £xxx. I enclose a schedule of the Payments and interest which I am claiming with this letter

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If I do not receive a favourable response from you I will pursue this claim through the Court

I look forward to hearing from you

Yours faithfully
          p.s. I am having trouble posting an attachment of the copy of CCA form.

Comment

Originally posted by Shira View Post
            Ok, I am going to send a LBA letter to Mint (now RBS) but although I haven’t done the spreadsheet yet coz I am not sure what interest I shall go for and hoping that someone could look at it to see if its ok.
            Thanks

Mr Chris Williams
            PPI Customer Concerns Team
            Regulatory Risk
            5th Floor
            1 Hardman Boulevard
            Manchester
            M3 3AQ

Xx/xx/2008

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: − Account No: XXXXXXXXXXX

I refer to your letter dated xxxxx, regarding my complaint that the Payment Protection Insurance for my Credit Card was mis-sold to me. This is due to the fact that I did not apply for the insurance at all. The copy of my CCA does not show a tick in the box. PPI was taken out from you on 15th Feb, 15th March, 14th April and 15th May 2006.

I calculate that you have taken £158.00 from my account, plus the interest that you have charged me on this amount which is £xxx, Total amount payable please is £xxx. I enclose a schedule of the Payments and interest which I am claiming with this letter

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If I do not receive a favourable response from you I will pursue this claim through the Court

I look forward to hearing from you

Yours faithfully
            p.s. I am having trouble posting an attachment of the copy of CCA form.
            That looks a pretty good letter so to me all is good. The fact that the box is not ticked means that I would expect an offer in the post shortly.

Comment

Mint PPI

Thank you natweststaffmember,

I think I am going for the contractual interest at 15.9% which is they charged me, but I am having problem finding contractual interest spreadsheet!

Thanks
              Shira

Comment

Re: Mint PPI

Originally posted by Shira View Post
                Thank you natweststaffmember,

I think I am going for the contractual interest at 15.9% which is they charged me, but I am having problem finding contractual interest spreadsheet!

Thanks
                Shira
                http://legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?t=7969

Here you go Shira. When you say you are thinking of going CI, have you researched this type of claim fully? You will need to be able to argue it in court should you need to and it is a complicated type of claim.

Comment

I think they will offer you that potentially

Comment

Hi, I didn't receive their response from them after I sent them a Preliminary & Letter before action although I know they received them from the recorded deliveries. I would be grateful for help to fill the POC please.

Thank you
                    SHira

Comment

Hello again,
                      I just wondering if we have any POC (Particulars of Claim) for PPIs?
                      Thanks

Comment

Hello Shira, if I understand it you are trying to reclaim PPI from a Mint Credit Card?
                        Did you send back the Questionaire?

I have recently won with these and my reason was the same as yours, I just sent my questionaire back filling out the bit that I had not asked for it and had not received any info on the PPI. The rest I left blank.
                        It took them 8 weeks but they wrote to say what was happening and I had a case worker I could nag every 2 weeks as I have no patience!
                        Finally got letter saying they had no proof I was given sufficient information and got cheque last Wednesday.
                        If you want the number for the PPI claim dept. I can give it to you.

Comment

Hi Pinknico,
                          Thanks for the reply, Yes, I am after Mint Credit Card & no I didn’t send the questionnaire back coz I didn’t have the copy of CCA & the term & conditions at the time. But when I received the copies & I realised that my O/H didn’t tick the box for PPI & didn’t sign for it! I will have another look at the questionnaire. The address is in Manchester is that right?
                          Thanks

Comment

Hi Shira,

not sure if there is a standard PPI POC on here in the library, it may be worth PM'ing a Mod or admin and they may be able to direct you to one. I don't think your POC needs to be complicated as it appears from your post that the PPI was never ticked/requested.

Is there any charges on this account or is it simply a PPI claim?

Comment

Hello Shira , yes Manchester. I would just send copies of everything in with the questionnaire and with that proof it should be quite straight forward.

I had no proof, they had to do all the work so you are one step ahead already.

Goodluck

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X