• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Banksmart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banksmart

Don't know if I am posting in the right place,but banksmart got in touch 2 yrs ago about ppi claim and eventually they persuaded me to go with them on the understanding that it was a no win no fee this is what I was told on the phone.Have not received anything for ages until yesterday when I got an invoice for nearly £192.00 emailed them last night and got an email bk saying I owed them £232.00.On my account online it says thanks for payment on one line and then that the bank are going to pay me directly,I have not received any money from either my bank or banksmart,also am on antidepressants and am really worried about this pls advise.
    Tags: None

Re: Banksmart

Originally posted by Maggie1962 View Post
    Don't know if I am posting in the right place,but banksmart got in touch 2 yrs ago about ppi claim and eventually they persuaded me to go with them on the understanding that it was a no win no fee this is what I was told on the phone.Have not received anything for ages until yesterday when I got an invoice for nearly £192.00 emailed them last night and got an email bk saying I owed them £232.00.On my account online it says thanks for payment on one line and then that the bank are going to pay me directly,I have not received any money from either my bank or banksmart,also am on antidepressants and am really worried about this pls advise.
    Can you tell us exactly what the invoice and e-mail from them says so we can advise.

Comment

Why don't you phone them to ask them to explain.

It feels likely they have received a letter confirming you will get your settlement and have invoiced you accrodingly.

Of course you haven't received the settlement yet and so are somewhat confused especially if their letter is vague.

Just call them and ask.

Comment

Originally posted by skv123 View Post
        Why don't you phone them to ask them to explain.

It feels likely they have received a letter confirming you will get your settlement and have invoiced you accrodingly.

Of course you haven't received the settlement yet and so are somewhat confused especially if their letter is vague.

Just call them and ask.
        Rang my bank today to be told that the cheque was cashed in May so obviously Banksmart have had the money all along and sent me a bailiffs letter.You can't call them because they don't have a num only emails which they are choosing not to answer what can I do.

Comment

In the first instance you need to make a formal complaint about the charge and their failure to respond to your enquiries. That way it kicks any potential enforcement action for the invoice into touch and means that if they don't uphold the complaint to your satisfaction or address it within 8 weeks you can forward the complaint to the Claims Management Regulator.

Comment

My wife has again today after more than a year received an invoice from this company for a payment they say is owed. They also like to send fortnightly emails pushing for payments. They are happy to argue the toss about certain things but NEVER EVER respond when you inform them that she was told it was ‘No Win, No Fee. They claim that my wife cancelled via email and that is why they are invoicing. They have never shown her any email she has sent with her saying she wishes to cancel anything. They just like to twist their words for their own convenience. With their latest emails they constantly change the date of the ‘original invoice’ to the same date as the email. That’s 8 invoices to date for the same job that they never did, for a ‘No Win, No Fee’ over 6 years ago.
            If Knowledge is Power . . . . . . .Then I Could Easily Light an L.E.D

Comment

How do I make a complaint or who do I get in touch with sorry so confused with all this

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie1962 View Post
                How do I make a complaint or who do I get in touch with sorry so confused with all this
                You need to make the complaint to Banksmart preferably by post and e-mail
                http://www.bank-smart.co.uk/contact.aspx

If you could answer my question in post #2 I can draft it for you.

It seems you're in company with your issue with them
                http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...1828695&page=6

Comment

I have emailed them at the complaints dept,the email they sent me said that they were going to receive the money from ppi and on the next line that I was going to receive it but they got the cheque and cashed it on 15/05/13 this is details I got from my bank also because I have a morgage and was so afraid of getting bad credit when they got the bailiffs to send me the letter demanding their fees,that I sent them the £191.98p that the wanted because I was scared and had to borrow the money to do so.I know I have been stupid sending the money but was afraid they could put a charge against my home thank you all for your help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X