• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

"Connected Claims" CMC Cold-Calling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Connected Claims" CMC Cold-Calling

Had a call today from this bunch:

http://www.connectedclaims.com

From this number: 0161 274 0466

The guy said he could help me reclaim PPI, and I asked him where he got our number from, as we're registered with the Telephone Preference Service. He said I would have given permission to be contacted when I had ticked a box for this on a previous agreement or application. I made myself sound interested, and asked him to hold for a while. After a couple of minutes I picked up the phone and he was still holding - presumably thinking he had a punter. I said before I go any further, I need to know some details about who I am speaking to, so I asked for his name, and he said "Ash." I then asked for his surname, which was "Asher." (presumably "Ash" is his office nickname). I asked the name of the firm, which was "Connected Claims," and the address which was 2 Universal Square, Devonshire Street North, Manchester M12 6JH.

I then said, "Apart from my phone number, what other information do you have about me ?" He started waffling something about not having access to personal details, and I then interjected, "So, you are cold-calling me, then ?" He said, "If you want to call it that." I replied, "I don't want to call it that, but all you have in front of you is a phone number, and no other details - so you ARE cold-calling, aren't you ?" He finally admitted, "Yes, I am cold-calling."

I should have had some fun playing with him, but I'm not too well read on CMC's and the law, so I simply said to him, "Thank you. I will be reporting you to the MoJ, as you are in breach of your licence." And I hung up. I suppose I could ring back and ask for him, to wind him up further - he may be working from home with the number he called from.

The address he gave looks like part of the old Great Universal Head Office. The website appears to be without any T&C's or Privacy Policy, as I clicked on these and got blank pages - not a good sign !!! Oddly, the Complaints section worked, and there's even an email address there !!!

So - has anybody else been cold-called by this bunch ? I'm not good at searching Companies House or MoJ records, but isn't it Carl Wright who has a penchant for using business names beginning with the letter 'C' ?

And - should I complain as an individual to the MoJ - or wait and see if the LB experts here can find out more, and hit them harder ?
    Tags: None

Re: "Connected Claims" CMC Cold-Calling

Name & Registered Office:
    CONNECTED CLAIMS LIMITED
    UNIVERSAL SQUARE
    DEVONSHIRE STREET
    MANCHESTER
    UNITED KINGDOM
    M12 6JH
    Company No. 07085027

Cosher at Companies House

Comment

Directors and Company Secretaries

Shaun Pemberton
      24 Nov 2009 ⇒ 19 Aug 2010 (8 Months ) Director
      Shaun Pemberton
      24 Nov 2009 ⇒ 9 Jun 2010 (6 Months ) Company Secretary
      Rahul Sharma
      1 Jul 2010 ⇒ Present day (2 Years ) Director
      Rahul Sharma
      9 Jun 2010 ⇒ Present day (2 Years ) Company Secretary
      Official Related Documents

25 Jan 2011 TM02 - Ending appointment as Secretary
      APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, SECRETARY SHAUN PEMBERTON
      25 Aug 2010 TM01 - Ending appointment as Director
      APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, DIRECTOR SHAUN PEMBERTON
      25 Aug 2010 CH01 - Change of particulars for Director
      DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / RAHAUL DEV SHARAMA / 18/08/2010
      16 Aug 2010 AP01 - Appointment of Director
      DIRECTOR APPOINTED RAHAUL DEV SHARAMA
      16 Aug 2010 AP03 - Appointment of Secretary
      SECRETARY APPOINTED RAHUL DEV SHARMA

Comment

Bill for it is worth you did exactly the right thing and at least you did not give him your credit card number.

In mine and your eyes they have cold called you - which is in breach of MOJ rules for authorisation at the MOJ. Thr trouble is the MOJ say that at some time they could have been passed your details because you have ticked on an application - or not as the case may be that you wanted them to share your details. Therefore, the MOJ honestly do nothing in these circumstances. The CMC's break the rules all the the time and somehow the MOJ are useless in reigning them in. But now you have bought these to my attention I will be keeping my beedy eyes on them.

Thanks Bill, very much appreciated and will keep my eye out for any further breaches which I will talk to to the MOJ about also, how off that their T&C's page is empty.... lol ONE for me TO WATCH ....

Business DetailsBusiness Name: Connected Claims Ltd authorised from 21/5/2010. Address: 2 Universal Square
        Devonshire Street North Town/City: Manchester Postcode: M12 6JH County: Greater Manchester
        Trading Names: No Trading Names Sector: Financial products/services Authorisation Number: CRM22836

Enaid just posted this up for me it looks like the OFT may have cancelled their licence as of 1/2/13 yet they are still making cold calls on 11/2/13 http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/...t_news_tracker
        Last edited by TUTTSI; 13th February 2013, 08:36:AM.

Comment

Thanks Tuttsi, and well done Enaid for a good spot.

FWIW, since our IVA/Trust Deeds a while ago, we haven't applied for much at all, and I always refuse phone contact for additional products/services/etc. But it's impossible to prove that, especially when it just takes one single online transaction where they can probably forge the screenshots or whatevva.

So - Connected Claims - you're now in 'Aunty' Tuttsi's little black book, and she's got YOUR number.
          :croc: Heh, heh, heh.....

Comment

and Aunty Tutts is taking evidence with me to Trading Standards when I go with Exc in a months time.

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
            Thanks Tuttsi, and well done Enaid for a good spot.

FWIW, since our IVA/Trust Deeds a while ago, we haven't applied for much at all, and I always refuse phone contact for additional products/services/etc. But it's impossible to prove that, especially when it just takes one single online transaction where they can probably forge the screenshots or whatevva.

So - Connected Claims - you're now in 'Aunty' Tuttsi's little black book, and she's got YOUR number.
            :croc: Heh, heh, heh.....

Comment

Universal Square? Carl Wright's neighbours!

Comment

The address he gave looks like part of the old Great Universal Head Office. The website appears to be without any T&C's or Privacy Policy, as I clicked on these and got blank pages - not a good sign !!! Oddly, the Complaints section worked, and there's even an email address there !!!

So - has anybody else been cold-called by this bunch ? I'm not good at searching Companies House or MoJ records, but isn't it Carl Wright who has a penchant for using business names beginning with the letter 'C' ?
                Maybe you have a better sense of smell than I, chtp0103. Is there a well-known rat hiding here, d'ya reckon ?

Comment

There is a strong smell of rodent isn't there. However I've asked around with all the usual people and no-one seems to know of any connection. I think this may just be a coincidence. I'll keep asking and see if I can come up with anything.

Comment

Pemberton - Sharma - Wright.

I reckon you'll be right, Tuttsi.

Keep the names connected !!!

Comment

Well there you go Sharma's also did the administration for Lifestyle Claims and Consortium both CMC's are u saying they also did Cartel/Carl Wright's as well? lol we are on a roll.............

Who is Pembleton?

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                      Pemberton - Sharma - Wright.

I reckon you'll be right, Tuttsi.

Keep the names connected !!!

Comment

Check out post #3.

Max. credit to Labman for doing the search, and coming up with the names.

Comment

Please see my post about connected claims

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X