• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SMD Exchange - another Carl Wright company!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMD Exchange - another Carl Wright company!

If approached by this company, please do your research first !

I'm sure everyone knows Carl Wright by now. He ran Cartel Client Review before it went bust owing millions of pounds. He appeared to do quite well out of it though! He then went on to setup Grass Roots Financial to try and repeat what he'd done at Cartel. When he was rumbled for that and received a lot of adverse publicity, he then turned his attention to SMD Exchange Ltd. This is the company he is now operating through and is trying to pull the same trick that he did with Cartel Client Review.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 18th August 2012, 09:14:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: SMD Exchange - BEWARE, another Carl Wright company!

For reference, below is a complete list of companies that he is running.

About My Rights Ltd (07610068)
    Alternative Debt Management Ltd (07385850)
    ANS Client Solutions Ltd (07614267)
    Arbitration Exchange Ltd (07382897)
    Commercial Finance Online Ltd (05811341)
    Credit Reference Solutions Ltd (07313644)
    CWPS Outsourcing Ltd (06778545)
    Grass Roots (Financial) Ltd (05979001)
    Legal Ness Ltd (07383178)
    Mediation Exchange Ltd (07382701)
    My PPI Claim Ltd (07366757)
    Sales Management Distribution Services Ltd (06864530)
    Small Claims Advice Bureau Ltd (07614935)
    SMD Assessment Services Ltd (07386910)
    SMD Channel Supply Ltd (07614807)
    SMD Consumer Network Ltd (07492183)
    SMD Corporate Accounts Ltd (07509442)
    SMD Distribution Exchange Ltd (07509425)
    SMD Exchange Ltd (06614048)
    SMD Processing Ltd (07614747)
    SMD Solar Exchange Ltd (07382919)
    SMD Solar Exchange Distribution Ltd (07432898)
    The Loan Facility Ltd (07772856)

There are also some questions around an offshore company named Bora Bora Real Estate PCC which is based in Jersey.

Comment

It only shows up in Google when you type in SMD Exchange beware otherwise I could not see it.

Just wonder if the title should be switched so that this title is the SMD Exchange, then it will come up in Google rather than the other one SMD Exchange Beware. If you this this is a good idea I will ask Admin.

Originally posted by chtp0103 View Post
      For reference, below is a complete list of companies that he is running.

About My Rights Ltd (07610068)
      Alternative Debt Management Ltd (07385850)
      ANS Client Solutions Ltd (07614267)
      Arbitration Exchange Ltd (07382897)
      Commercial Finance Online Ltd (05811341)
      Credit Reference Solutions Ltd (07313644)
      CWPS Outsourcing Ltd (06778545)
      Grass Roots (Financial) Ltd (05979001)
      Legal Ness Ltd (07383178)
      Mediation Exchange Ltd (07382701)
      My PPI Claim Ltd (07366757)
      Sales Management Distribution Services Ltd (06864530)
      Small Claims Advice Bureau Ltd (07614935)
      SMD Assessment Services Ltd (07386910)
      SMD Channel Supply Ltd (07614807)
      SMD Consumer Network Ltd (07492183)
      SMD Corporate Accounts Ltd (07509442)
      SMD Distribution Exchange Ltd (07509425)
      SMD Exchange Ltd (06614048)
      SMD Processing Ltd (07614747)
      SMD Solar Exchange Ltd (07382919)
      SMD Solar Exchange Distribution Ltd (07432898)
      The Loan Facility Ltd (07772856)

There are also some questions around an offshore company named Bora Bora Real Estate PCC which is based in Jersey.

Comment

There are also threads discussing this at the following URLs:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...php?p=52416499
        http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2346815
        http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=126656
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        It comes up on page 2 of Google now.
        Last edited by chtp0103; 12th April 2012, 12:08:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Last night I noticed 12 visitors reading the thread so it is being found and read.

Originally posted by chtp0103 View Post
          There are also threads discussing this at the following URLs:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...php?p=52416499
          http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2346815
          http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=126656
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          It comes up on page 2 of Google now.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
            Last night I noticed 12 visitors reading the thread so it is being found and read.
            Very true. It would just be nice if absolutely everyone who would otherwise fall foul of Carl Wright found this thread. All the threads warning people about Carl Wright seem to fall outside of the top 10 on Google if people search for SMD Exchange. If you search for Grass Roots Financial, you get loads of results warning people off. That's why he's effectively abandoned Grass Roots and is now pushing SMD Exchange.

Comment

Also, there is this thread here which discusses the first of this chain of "businesses" run by Carl Wright, Cartel Client Review.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=122675

Comment

Does anyone have any information regarding their dealings with SMD Exchange Ltd or Grass Roots (Financial) Ltd? There's a few people interested in any information people may have. Specifically about people being asked to pay money directly to SMD Exchange Ltd, which isn't licensed to accept these payments.

Comment

Looks like other people are starting to notice the connection between Carl Wright and these other companies also. This article about Carl Wright's connections with SMD Exchange Ltd and Grass Roots (Financial) Ltd just appeared on the "This Is Money" website of the Daily Mail. It also discusses his history with Cartel Client Review Ltd.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/new...aims-firm.html

Comment

I don't know if anyone has dug this little gem up: http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/905050643

I was surfing for "old friend" Basil Rankine and these ended up being linked

Comment

Would I be mistaken in thinking that a few of these companies are also connected with Darren Vause, our friend who has recently reappeared over reclaiming benefits. I could be mistaken, but some of the names seem to ring a bell.

Comment

No, none of those companies seems connected to Darren Vause. The key address is Crown Buildings, Luton Street, Keighley.
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I found this section of the Daily Mail article fascinating.

COMMENT by TONY HETHERINGTON: Call a halt to this Alice in Blunderland of muddled officialdom

When Labour decided six years ago to introduce new laws regulating claims management companies, it made one serious error.

It could have brought them under the Financial Services Authority since most make their living by bringing claims against the banks, insurers and card companies. Or it could have called in the Office of Fair Trading, which licenses moneylenders and debt collectors so is used to the seedy side of the finance sector. Instead, the Government mistook claims management firms for an offshoot of the legal profession.

The Ministry of Justice, with no experience of the daily grind of monitoring an entire industry, was given the task of vetting firms, regulating their conduct and investigating complaints. It promptly contracted out much of its work to local trading standards officials.

And crucially, the Ministry failed to set up an Ombudsman scheme or to establish a compensation fund to repay consumers cheated by the very claims management companies that posed as white knights riding to their rescue.

Not surprisingly, the sharks had a field day. There cannot be many people who have not received a text message offering help with compensation ‘following your accident’ – whether you actually had one or not.

And cold-calling salesmen promised thousands of pounds in reclaimed PPI premiums, even to people who never had payment protection insurance.

Claims management companies know it costs finance firms several hundred pounds every time a case goes to the Financial Ombudsman.

So they pepper them with claims that might well be kicked out, hoping that the banks will settle for less than it costs to mount a defence.

They know they can pocket a percentage of everything they rake in without risking a penny in Ombudsman’s fees and without having to chip in to any compensation fund if a claims firm collapses.

Financial Mail has called repeatedly for a halt to this Alice in Blunderland set-up. We may soon see an Ombudsman scheme, but no compensation fund it seems.

The Government will soon get rid of the Financial Services Authority and establish the Financial Conduct Authority to oversee the City. It will take over much of the financial work of the Office of Fair Trading.

It is time the Government brought regulation under one roof.

Let the Authority tackle the claims management sector too, and provide the same consumer protection that the claims companies themselves exploit.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/new...#ixzz1uvuohQyl
                          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Our good friend Mr Wright has just transferred his only remaining official directorship to Eric Fairweather. As we all know, Eric Fairweather pretends to run Grass Roots (Financial) Ltd for Carl Wright, after the Cartel Client Review Ltd scandal. He is also listed as director and shareholder of several other companies which are actually run by Carl Wright.

This recent transfer of "control" was for Commercial Finance Online Ltd. This company hasn't actually done anything to date so it's interesting why Carl Wright would have transferred this now. My hunch is that the official receiver has been having a little chat to him about directorship bans and so he is "getting rid" of his last company before that happens. Obviously, getting your mates, former mistress and mum to pretend to run companies on your behalf while you are serving a directorship ban is a criminal offence and will get you banged up if caught (fingers crossed everyone!) There are also cases where the people pretending to be directors have also been given custodial sentences so I would be watching my back if I was one of these people. Carl Wright is renowned for looking after his own backside first and hanging everyone else out to dry. You only need to look at what happened to Richard Burley at CCLS when Carl Wright denied any involvement or knowledge of what was happening there.

Comment

He's been a busy little chap this week. He's also just changed the address of "My PPI Claim Ltd" from Eric Fairweather's home address to the Cartel Client Review Ltd offices. I wonder if Mr Fairweather is getting a bit nervous having Carl Wright linked to his home address.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X