• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Beware of this number calling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of this number calling

They picked the right person to phone...

I received a call from 0118 3593113 on my works phone it went straight to voicemail and asked me to press 1 if I was interested and 2 for no more calls. Guess what i pressed,.... delete.

They were a CMC's they did not announce who they were but were selling the usual sales pitch rubbish. If you receive a call from them do NOT press 1 or 2 just delete as once they have the knowledge that they have someone they will keep on calling.

It was I am sure a phishing exercise and do not be taken in by there expert sales pitch which is strut out in just a matter of seconds. They will promise you the earth, you will pay them money and you will receive nothing in return. Stay clear of these peeps, I am at this stage not sure which company they are but they are breaking the MOJ rules by cold calling that is if they are authorised as they are doing this in an unauthodox way.

I have also reported this on 'WHO CALLS ME' as Milly88

If any one is contacted and want to post up your experiences please let us know.

Thanks
    Tuttsi
    Last edited by TUTTSI; 28th September 2010, 15:19:PM.

Re: 0118 3593113

Milly118, just been there no more info is there except mobile phone numbers called it seems. All i am getting is insurance brokers after making caomapison sites use, dam nusience they are repeat calls but no messages on answer machine, although that telephone is broken anyway only a-machine working.

Comment

Re: Beware of this number calling

I've had these calls, they seem to think we cannot work out there is a third choice - as you say delete.
      Scottish Wildcat Association, conserving Scotland's critically endangered wild felines

Comment

Re: Beware of this number calling

After reading all the callers postings on Who Calls Me, it seems so far to be relating to O2 numbers that they are calling this maybe a coincidence, not sure yet. Also two people reported this after they were into their on line banking as well as being on O2.

I had not been on my on line banking but my mobile is O2.

Please everyone been very vigilent about answering these scam calls.

Tuttsi

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X