• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Drydensfairfax Letter of Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

echat11 Thanks for that.

i would assume its because i also asked for a copy of the agreement in my CPR letter. I will see if i can find an email address for them over the weekend. Failing that i will send them a letter on monday just to clarify.

and i am correct in thinking the extension is 28 days from when they send me the documents.

thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Northwales82 View Post
      echat11 Thanks for that.

i would assume its because i also asked for a copy of the agreement in my CPR letter. I will see if i can find an email address for them over the weekend. Failing that i will send them a letter on monday just to clarify.

and i am correct in thinking the extension is 28 days from when they send me the documents.

thanks again
      That's correct.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

1) You could send them an email asking if they could clarify the following:

a) Why they have returned the CCA Request and cheque?

b) What do they mean by 'it's no longer required'?

2) You don't need to let the Court you have an extension of 28 days because they've sent you a letter saying that.

Update when you get a response to those questions and the requested documents.
        Correction you do need to inform the Court you have a 28-day Extention.

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post

Correction you do need to inform the Court you have a 28-day Extention.
          https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...1y-coronavirus

You can send them an email, if you feel you want too.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...1y-coronavirus

You can send them an email, if you feel you want too.
            Thanks but no, I have enough problems already.

Comment

Thank you both for that. I have just sent the below by email to the court. going to look for drydens email now.

Dear Sir/madam

Please see attached letter in connection with the above claim number.

In the letter Drydensfairfax state that under CPR 15.5 they agree to a 28 day extension once the documents I requested under CPR 31.14 are received.

Upon checking the definition of CPR 15.5 it states

(1) The defendant and the claimant may agree that the period for filing a defence specified in rule 15.4 shall be extended by up to 28 days.

(2) Where the defendant and the claimant agree to extend the period for filing a defence, the defendant must notify the court in writing.

Can you please confirm what the courts position is with regard to the 2 below points

A) Do I have 28 days to issue a defence once I receive the documents I requested under CPR 31.14 or do I have 28 days from the date I received the letter from Drydensfairfax? Even though the letter from Drydensfairfax is dated the 25/8 I didn’t receive the letter until 2/09, assuming this is due to the postal strikes

B) under CPR 15.5 it says the defendant (myself) must inform the court of an extension in writing. Is this email satisfactory for this or do I need to follow up with a letter once I have a response regarding point A)

Many Thanks

Comment

echat11 i sent the above but have had nothing back. Should i file my defence based on the orginal date?

Comment

echat11 i sent the above but have had nothing back. Should i file my defence based on the orginal date?
                  Court clerks won't go into questions about CPR, they aren't required to do so, your email may 'baffle' them. Regardless, it always takes them time to respond, so several weeks.

All you need to say to the Court in an email is, 'I've been given an extension of 28 days once the documents are received, so that I can file my defence. Send the Court another email saying that.

Wait until you receive the documents from DrydensFairfax.

Comment

echat11 so i still havent herd anything on this. Can i apply for it to be set aside or anything or do i just wait? Thankyou

Comment

echat11 so i still havent herd anything on this. Can i apply for it to be set aside or anything or do i just wait? Thankyou
                      Send them a chase email stating that they haven't responded as they said they would in their previous letter.

Maybe consider making a complaint, follow their complaints procedure.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X