• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JPS Financial PPI Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok yes i think its worth a try so i will see what happens. Thanks again for your help & advice here.

Comment

Hello,
      so ive sent off the letter with the offer, so just waiting to hear back probably a week or so. In the mean time should i be talking to the debt company so they know im in contact with JPS or should i leave it? & how long will a debt company chase me for payment before this escalates further?

Comment

I suspect JPS will respond pretty quickly if they think there's a chance you'll give them some money! The debt company won't (and can't) do anything beyond sending you snotty letters so I wouldn't worry about them in the meantime.

Comment

Good morning,

i have had a response from JPS but not in writing but will see if they do send anything back through the post in the next week. They have left me a voice mail stating they have received my letter but they didn't say anything about calling them or anything? What do you advise i do here? Call them or wait to see if i receive a written reply?

thank you.

Comment

I wouldn't speak to them, keep everything in writing. If they haven't written in a week or so write to them with a chaser.

Comment

Hello,

So i have a response from JPS whch came today.
              Attached Files

Comment

I would respond with the following:

Dear Sirs

Thank you for your response, on which I have sought advice.

An initial LOA is in itself a contractual agreement. As the initial LOA in this matter was by your own admission, invalid, no binding agreement was ever struck and any ''new'' LOA you wished me to sign would be entirely optional and at my discretion to sign. As such, there was no agreement for which I could breach.

I understand that this is position has been widely adopted by the Financial Ombudsman Service and so I am confident that ultimately, should you persist to argue otherwise, I would succeed in bringing a complaint to them.

Yours

Comment

Thank you for this, i will send that off to them & see what they say.
                  Should i make a complaint to the financial ombudsman anyway or is it best to wait for a response?

Comment

You can only file a complaint with FO once you've made a formal complaint to the firm and they've issued their final response. Let's see how they respond to your response before we decide whether to make a formal complaint and how we draft it.

Comment

Hi,

I have realised my letter to JPS for a subject access request was not posted hence me not getting a response! Should i send this off as well as the response to the recent letter i received from JPS?

Comment

Yes it wouldn't do any harm.

Comment

Hello,

I've had my response today from JPS.
                          A couple of things to note; The enclosed contract which i signed is dated 11 May 2016? & im waiting for my subject access request letter to be answered (was posted on 10th May 22)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Jeez they can hardly string a sentence together.

Why is it of note that the contract is dated 11 May 2022? I'd like to see it if you can send it to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

We need to see the original Letter of Authority but we should get it in the SAR response.

Comment

Yes i can send the letter on to you. The reason i say about the date is that you said about statute barred after 6 years? We have gone beyond the 6 year period of when i signed the contract. Im not sure what that means for me in terms of having to cough up the final bill or not.

Comment

It's 6 years from the cause of action. That's going to be debatable when exactly that was but I suspect it might be at the point Barclays wrote to you saying the LOA was invalid in July 2016.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X