• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fast Track chasing payment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Track chasing payment

My wife has received an email from a debt collection agency who are representing a CMC and chasing a fee for a PPI claim.

The fee thay are chasing is from a PPI with Barclaycard, which was paid directly to myself around two years ago.

My wife can't recall if she ever signed anything with this company. If she did, then I don't think that anything ever happened with them hence having to make alternative arrangements.

She can't recall the name of this company - but can't state categorically if she ever signed anything or not.

The email from the debt recovery firm reads as follows:

"We have been instructed to act for Quickly Finance Limited, trading as Fast Track Reclaim.

You instructed our Client Quickly Finance Limited t/a Fast Track Reclaim in relation to your PPI complaint concerning Barclaycard (PPI/SAR).

When you instructed our Client, you accepted their terms and conditions of acting which included an obligation on you to disclose certain documents pertinent to your claim.

Our client has advised us that they are yet to receive a copy of the Final Decision Letter which Barclaycard (PPI/SAR) sent to you. In this letter Barclaycard (PPI/SAR) would have either accepted or rejected your claim. If the claim was accepted, Barclaycard (PPI/SAR) would have confirmed the compensation payable to you.

Clause 4 of the terms you signed with our Client state:

“You must complete all documentation and disclose all relevant information which is pertinent to your claim in a truthful manner which is accurate to the best of your knowledge…If the Company offers or pays Compensation to You directly, You agree to notify FTR immediately (and within 7 days at the latest) and to provide the details FTR needs to calculate Your Fee(s)”.

We would be grateful if you could send to us a copy of the Final Decision Letter sent to you in the freepost envelope provided with the letter you will recieve in the post. Alternately, this can be emailed to us at debtrecovery@josephjameslaw.co.uk.

Please provide the evidence we have requested within 14 days from the date of this letter. If you require further time to obtain this information because you no longer have it and need to contact Barclaycard (PPI/SAR) to obtain a copy, then simply let us know.

If we do not hear from you within 14 days from the date of this letter or we do not receive a copy of Barclaycard (PPI/SAR) final decision letter as requested; further action will be taken via the courts without further notice to you. Our client’s rights are fully reserved in this regard.

Should you have any queries or require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0333 212 4320."

I would really appreciate any help/comments on this.

Thanks again
    Tags: None

Hi MikeJJ

Await advice from EXC

Comment

Quickly have been sending out a lot of these recently. It's possible that your wife filled out a 'free PPI check' form on Facebook, which somehow morphed into a claims management agreement without her informed consent and Quickly might produce a digitally signed contract.

I would respond with the following:

Dear Sirs

I refer to your email of ...

Unfortunately, until such time that I am provided with a signed copy of the contractual terms, the PPI/SAR and, importantly, the notification that you claim your client received from Barclaycard that they sent me a final decision letter, I am unable to assist.

Yours...
      Keep us posted on their response.

Comment

So they are chasing your wife but you got a refund directly. Did you contract with them?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          So they are chasing your wife but you got a refund directly. Did you contract with them?
          sorry, no the wife got the refund. Apologies

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
            Quickly have been sending out a lot of these recently. It's possible that your wife filled out a 'free PPI check' form on Facebook, which somehow morphed into a claims management agreement without her informed consent and Quickly might produce a digitally signed contract.

I would respond with the following:

Keep us posted on their response.
            Thank you - really appreciate the help.
            Last edited by MikeJJ; 8th November 2021, 16:40:PM.

Comment

hi EXC

We've had a reply now! Basically my wife forwarded the original email received on to our shared email address, and replied to them from our shared email address. Now we've had this:

"Good Afternoon,

We refer to your email below. Unfortunately the email address that this email originates from is not registered therefore we are unable to discuss the account.

Please contact us on 0333 212 4320 to update your details.

Kind Regards,"

Can we just ignore? What should we do?

Appreciate your help very much.

Thanks
              Last edited by MikeJJ; 8th November 2021, 16:41:PM.

Comment

EXC Many thanks.

Comment

If I'm understanding what you're saying I wouldn't ignore it. I'd resend the email from your wife's original address.

Comment

Thanks EXC - we have sent from original email address now. Thanks again, will keep you informed.

Comment

Hi EXC

Fast Track have now sent us a LOA - the wife is convinced it's not her signature and it looks as though it's been done on a computer. However we haven't received anything else as requested eg notification they claim to have received from Barclaycard. The email from Fast Track read as follows:

"Please find attached your signed letter of authority.
                      Kind Regards"

My wife has gone through her records and can see that she did receive some PPI payments during the period of this LOA, and there is also two payments made to Fast Track as well (these must be their fees). Payments made to Fast track via BACS.

The wife received two cheques totalling 7416.07 and then subsequently paid Fast Track 1875.62 in fees. We are not sure if these were in reference to Barclaycard. As they were paid through cheque we are not sure who the banks were!

However, after a phone call to Barclaycard, my wife has been told that they cannot find any details on their records with regards to her receiving any PPI payment from them. Barclaycard do not think she has received a PPI payment from them, or can't find anything on their records anyway.

We are unsure now how to proceed. Not sure how to reply to the email.

Should we continue to ask them for the notification that they claim to have received from Barclaycard??

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

The most expedient way of dealing with this is to get Barclaycard to confirm in writing that your wife didn't receive any PPI refunds, so either call or write to Barclaycard requesting it and once you've got it you can forward it to Fast Track/Joseph James Law.

Comment

Hi there

We've now had another email, and I can't understand what they are going on about! They were chasing me, so I emailed them on the 15th telling them to provide all the information that i had requested previously. Then they have just send me this:

"We refer to your email dated 15th December 2021.

We have checked with our client and have been advised that all information returned from lenders with regards to PPI is done in via bulk reports, when the accounts were identified for these outstanding claims our client was also notified about a Barclayloan account and an overdraft account, those claims were then successful and you paid our client their fees due for those cases in June 2019.

If you no longer have the final decision letters from Barclaycard with regards to these PPI claims, then you would need to contact Barclaycard and request they send you a copy of the final decision letters for Littlewoods account number ending 602, their claim reference is A7525759, Barclaycard Visa account their claim reference A7527835, and Barclaycard Visa account number ending 8007, their claim reference A7527842 that you would then need to forward to us either by post or by email to us at debtrecovery@josephjameslaw.co.uk.

If these claims are still ongoing and final decisions have not been issued please get a letter from Barclays confirming this and forward those onto us.

Alternatively, if you advise us, then we can request our client issue you with new letters of authority which you would need to sign and return to them and they will contact the lender to obtain the final decision letters.

Should you have any queries or require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0333 212 4320.

Kind Regards, "

Any ideas EXC how to reply ????

I have written to Barclaycard previously but no answer yet.

Comment

I would respond with the following, just fill in the date and attach the letter you sent to Barclaycard:

Dears Sirs

I refer to your email of [xxx date].

As some kind of claims management company I would expect your client to be managing any claims it made on my behalf rather than using debt solicitors to bully me into doing it for them. It is not my fault that that Barclaycard did not provide your client with a decision letter.

However I have already asked Barclaycard for it (see attached) but have not yet received a response. Until such time as they respond I am not prepared to do anything further.

Yours

Comment

thanks again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X