• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank-Smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Nick,
    there may be in all that paperwork they sent me the other day after I requested everything they have on me under GDPR.
    I’ll look and email you tonight once home.
    many thanks

Comment

Should I email them the settled email from easy reclaim from 2015 , 4 years before bank smart got involved?

Comment

Originally posted by bhamoggy View Post
        Should I email them the settled email from easy reclaim from 2015 , 4 years before bank smart got involved?
        Why? Bank Smart are not claiming to have any involvement with that claim.

Comment

Only because the NatWest response looks like final decision was made so I was worried bank smart might think I’d been paid out for something they did when in fact it was that old claim that was recovered by easy reclaim.
          just in case they were assuming that I’d been paid.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't know if the Easy Reclaim correspondence that you sent me came from Bank Smart, because you didn't tell me. But either way that claim isn't listed on the Bank Smart online account so isn't relevant.

Comment

Hi Nick,
              I’ve sent the only fee sheets they’ve done so far.
              many thanks

Comment

They're invoices. Below is an example of what I mean by fee sheets which itemise the charges which make up each invoice. They're important because they
                provide a history of each claim.

Don't worry too much if you haven't got them. They only produce them when an invoice is due, which I think only goes to confirm that the invoices are not currently due as they are on hold as your online account says.

As I said before, don't take any action for now. It's quite possible that when they've finished their 'review' they'll cancel the invoices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	1594647

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	1594648

Comment

Ah,
                  ok, yes a have a few of them so I’ve emailed them over.
                  many thanks

Comment

Thanks. They obviously originally got your data from a third party.

Could you PLEASE tell me if the Easy Claim claim notification and letter of engagement you sent me came from Bank Smart?

Comment

The easy claim didn’t come from bank smart.
                      I used easy claim to recover package banking in 2014/2015.
                      I only first contacted bank smart 4 years later in 2019 for PPI.
                      both totally desperate and 4 years apart

Comment

Ok thanks. The first entries on the fee sheets indicate that they got your details from a third party. Did you ever give them access to your credit file?

As I said the best thing to do is sit & wait. Obviously give me a shout if & when you hear from them.

Comment

Thanks Nick.
                          no, I never gave them permission for accessing my credit file unless that’s included in small print on the letter of authorisation.
                          after I sent the LOA back to them, I did nothing and sent nothing else. I actually asked them to stop looking into recovery but they ignored and carried on just sending letters about correspondence to different banks.

Comment

Hi Nick,

so received this in an email today.
                            are they basically saying thats it now?

RE: Breach of Contract and Cancellation Fee Invoice(s)
                            Dear Sir/Madam

We write to notify you of a requirement set out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which affects one or more of your outstanding invoices.

The requirement is as follows:

1.1 In relation to the issuance of cancellation and breach of contract invoices by Symmetric to its customers:

a. Symmetric must not issue any further cancellation or breach of contract invoices; and

b. Symmetric must cease pursuing any existing cancellation or breach of contract invoices through, but not limited to, any legal proceedings or debt collection processes.

The effect of this requirement is that you are not required to make any payments, or any further payments, towards your outstanding invoices for Breach of Contract or Cancellation.

This requirement may be lifted/varied at a later date, and we will notify you in writing of any further changes.

Yours sincerely,
                            Client Support Manager
                            Bank-Smart Support Centre

Comment

Yes pretty much.

If you've not seen it see the update and the further update here Bank Smart IMPORTANT UPDATE - LegalBeagles Forum

Comment

Hi Nick

after a couple of years of forgetting about all this with bank smart, I receive this text this morning. Any thoughts?

Your Bank-Smart invoice may be sent to Debt Collectors on December 1st 2022. Email
                                pay@bank-smart.co.uk
                                quoting reference CL31475 for further details.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X