• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank smart breach of contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Nick ,
    I have fowarded the an email from bank smart which I have just received in receipt from the formal complaint .
    Thanks Jo

Comment

Yes just seen it. As I said I doubt that they will give you a final response within the 8 weeks they're supposed to so give me nudge the second week of October and we'll go to the Ombudsman.

Comment

Great Thank you

Comment

Hi Nick ,
          I’ve just forwarded an email from bank smart would you take a look at it please .
          From what I have read does this mean just a few of the contracts have been cancelled not all of them ?
          I just don’t want anything more to do with this company and certainly don’t want anymore breach of contracts .
          Jo

Comment

Hiya

Well they've cancelled the invoice but haven't addressed the bulk of the rest of the complaint which is the ongoing 'claims'. Obviously the concern is that you'll get further breach of contract invoices down the line so we want the rest of the claims cancelled without charge.

We could go to the Ombudsman with the rest of the complaint now on the basis that they haven't dealt with it but it will be a lot of work so I suggest we have one final stab at them first. Can I suggest I draft a letter to that effect and see what happens?

Comment

That would be great Nick thank you! I don’t want anything further to do with this company .

Comment

Ok give me a day or two.

Comment

Great thanks

Comment

Hi Nick !
                    I’ve only just logged on to the forum and have just seen all the messages about Bank Smart ! This is amazing
                    A huge congratulations to you and your team, great work
                    Finally people can forget about these crooks!
                    I wanted to ask if you take donations to fund this site and the work you all do for people ?
                    Thanks again Jo

Comment

Hi Jo

Thank you.

I'm guessing that you didn't get the notification from them as you don't currently 'owe' them for any cancellation or breach of contract invoices but the fact remains that they cannot issue any now, so you're home & dry in terms of the 'outstanding' claims you have with them.

Thanks for the offer but if you'd like to show your appreciation by all means leave a review on our Trustpilot page and don't forget to give Skank Smart a mention!

LegalBeagles Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews

Comment

I definitely will Nick ! Thank you again for all your help I can’t thank you enough . Jo

Comment

Hi Nick ,
                          Hope to you’re well !
                          I’ve been contacted by the FCA asking for a bit more understanding about my claims with bank smart . The lady who I spoke to Victoria was really nice and said they were looking at random samples and my file was in there .
                          I wasn’t sure as I can’t really remember much as it was such a long time ago .
                          Have any other clients of yours been contacted by the FCA ?
                          Thanks Joann Taylor

Comment

Hi Jo

That's interesting! Thanks for letting us know. No I haven't heard of anyone else being contacted yet.

After FCA banned them from chasing breach of contract invoices, a few months ago Bank Smart filed their accounts and there was this little snippet from it:

Click image for larger version  Name:	snippet.PNG Views:	1 Size:	58.7 KB ID:	1627224

So it looks like FCA are taking further action against them (hopefully requiring them to refund people who already paid them for those kind of invoices) and that Bank Smart are challenging it. Hence FCA contacting the likes of you for evidence.

From memory they invoiced you for breach of contract but did you ever pay them?

Comment

.....I've just dug your file out. So they cancelled the breach of contract invoices but continued with the 'claims'. Have you heard from them about the claims since they cancelled the invoices?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X