• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank smart breach of contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank smart breach of contract

please can you advise me . I received an email today from bank smart saying i’m in breach of contract , a few years ago I filled out the form for no win no fee for ppi with bank smart , I’d had a few credit cards but no ppi on them . There was also a loan on there which I couldn’t remember the details of so I just left it because I thought the companies found out the details for you . So in the end I couldn’t deal with the stress and now I’ve received an email saying I owe them money and they will get back to me with the amount . Im really stressed about this .
    Tags: None

Hiya

If you can forward me the email I can advise.

nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

Comment

Got it, thanks.

Someone else had the same email yesterday too. Obviously it's not clear what it means.

Can you give me a more comprehensive account of the history of your dealings with them?

Comment

Hi Nick
        All I can remember is that it was a no win no fee and I gave the names of cards that I’d had over the past years and sent them it through the post.
        I didn’t have details of account numbers as they were all closed accounts, but they kept sending me letters about questionnaires and that they need more details .
        In the end I just decided to leave it as it was too much hassle and I couldn’t find what they apparently needed .
        I would never have used this company if I thought they was going to charge me for not sending the information.

Comment

Ok thanks.

We need to get some information/documentation from them so email them a a Subject Access Request - draft below.

Just fill in your name & address where it says and put ''Data Subject Access Request'' as the subject.

[Your name & address]

Bank Smart ID: 170838

6 June 2021

Dear Sir or Madam

Subject access request ( Data Protection Act 2018 / General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) )

Please supply all the data about me that I am entitled to under data protection law relating to myself.

In particular I request all copies of any signed contracts & Letters of Authority. Also I request the fee lists detailing the costs of all invoices.

If you need any more data from me to confirm my identity please let me know as soon as possible. It may be helpful for you to know that data protection law requires you to respond to a request for data within one calendar month.

If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer, or relevant staff member. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you. Its website is ico.org.uk or it can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.

Yours faithfully

[Name]

Comment

Thank you .
            I have just copy and pasted that email to them with my details inserted.

Comment

No probs. You'll probably get everything on paper in the post. Let me know when it arrives.

Comment

Ok will do. Thank you

Comment

Hi Nick ,
                  Today I received paper work from bank smart as you said that I would .
                  what should I do next now I’ve received this ?
                  thanks Jo

Comment

Hiya

Ok good. If I could see it then I could help draft a formal complaint with a view to then taking the complaint to the Ombudsman if necessary.

Are you able to scan it and email it to me? If you're not and/or there are a lot of pages it might be easier to just post it on to me.

Did it include the breakdown of the charges for the invoice(s) like the example below?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Charges.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	1586360

Comment

Hi Nick ,
                      It’s exactly like the one you’ve sent , with a break down of charges . There are a quite lot of pages which look quite intimidating! I could send them in the post tomorrow If you could send me the address please . Im very grateful
                      thanks Jo

Comment

Great.

I've emailed my address to you.

Comment

Great thank you.

Comment

Got it. I'll have a good look and see if I can draft a complaint.

Comment

That’s great Nick thanks .
                              Sorry not seen message until now.
                              thanks Jo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X