• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank Smart - Breach of contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Smart - Breach of contract

Hi - I really need some help I signed up with bank smart stupidly, I never received any ppi refund from them, they are pestering me for paperwork and for my signature. They have sent an email today to say I have outstanding invoice for £1195.44 !!!!!! for doing nothing and saying i am in breach of contract. I am so worried as I just don't have this kind of money to pay out. I have not received any post from this company requesting any payment before. Can anyone offer advise what I should do??
    Tags: None

I am in the same position, got sick of the emails asking for documentation so told them to stop contact. They have sent me a bill for nearly £2k due to breach of contract.

Comment

Iam worried sick Have you been given any advise yet

Comment

No just doing my research at the moment. Hopefully I can pick up something on here. Good luck

Comment

The best way to deal with this type of situation is to get the relevant information from them so you can make a formal complaint to them and then you can go to the Claims Management Ombudsman if they don't play ball.

So first you need send a Subject Access Request in which you need to specifically ask for a detailed breakdown on the invoices and copies of the signed Contracts and Letters of Authority. They usually respond with them within the statutory 30 days.

Template here, edit to suit LegalBeagles

When you've got the information check back here and we can help you draft a complaint.

[Thread moved to Claims Management forum]

Comment

Thank you for your help i will keep you updated

Comment

Hi I have written a formal complaint letter but don't know if it reads quiet right. Is there any chance you could take a look at it and give me some advise please.

Comment

Originally posted by x111tatty View Post
                Hi I have written a formal complaint letter but don't know if it reads quiet right. Is there any chance you could take a look at it and give me some advise please.
                Yes either post it up here (redacting any personal info) or send it to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

Comment

Hiya

Got it, thanks.

Firstly don't worry. I'm sure we can get this sorted. It may take a bit of time & work though.

We need some more information from them in order to draft an effective complaint so I would send them something like the following:

Dear Sirs

I refer to your email of [xxx date] advising me of outstanding 'breach of contract' invoices totalling £1195.44.

In order that I can properly consider your request for payment I require the following supporting information by return in an electronic format:

1. A detailed breakdown of the fees making up each invoice
                  2. Identification of which specific terms you believe I have breached and an explanation of how you believe I have breached them
                  3. A detailed summary of the status & history of each outstanding claim
                  4. Copies of any signed contracts
                  5. Copies of any signed Letters of Authority

Should it be necessary please consider this request as a Data Subject Access Request.

Until such time as you have provided me with the above information it would not be appropriate for me to engage with you.

Comment

I am in the same situation. I have just written to them with the useful template given on here as I wasn't sure where to start. It's very stressful.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                      Hiya

Got it, thanks.

Firstly don't worry. I'm sure we can get this sorted. It may take a bit of time & work though.

We need some more information from them in order to draft an effective complaint so I would send them something like the following:
                      Hi Nick

I have received another email from Bank Smart, i have just emailed it over to you. They are threatening to charge me if i don't send correspondence from my bank. i have not received anything from my bank or lenders to send. Please advise how i can respond after i sent your template letter last week.

Many thanks

Comment

It's just a generic circular, just ignore it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X