• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank Smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Smart

Hallo I am hoping you can help me as I am in a very bad place due to Bank Smart. I signed up to them in 2019 as they said they could claim mis sold PPI etc on my behalf. So I filled in the form listing what bank accounts I had, store cards, credit cards etc and heard no more from them so I presumed I had no claim. I also thought they were no win no fee. I received a letter from them some time letter saying they needed more information and I asked them to cancel my claim. I heard nothing and I received a letter months later that I just write return to sender on without opening it. Yesterday I received another letter from them which I opened requesting more information and I emailed them to say I had cancelled the contract Anyway they informed me I am in breach of contract and told me to log into my account which I did. They are charging me over £3500 in cancellation fees. I am a pensioner recovering from being desperately ill in hospital with covid and now with long covid. My bank account was emptied two weeks ago as I fell for a scammer. I have no money at all now. The only income I have is my state pension. Please tell me what I can do as I can’t pay this and I am so stressed and desperate
    Tags: None

Sorry I forgot to add I have sent them numerous emails in the last 24 hours asking them to please consider my situation but they aren’t interested they say I have to pay

Comment

Hi

Firstly don't worry, I think we might be able to help you but we'd need to fully understand your position. If we can demonstrate to the FCA (the regulator) that you're vulnerable, we might be able to get their assistance to get the invoices cancelled. I'm not making any promises but we have managed it for a few people before.

1) How and exactly when did you first get involved with Bank Smart?

2) How did you cancel with them originally? If it was by email could you forward it to me?

3) Do you have the actual cancellation invoices which detail all of the charges (rather than just what you saw on your online account)?

4) Could you forward me the recent emails you sent them AND their responses?

My email is nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

Comment

Hi

I’m new to the board. I joined because I received a letter from Bank-Smart today. They are saying that I received a PPI settlement in 2019 and I owe 32% commission plus VAT.

My account has been assigned to them by Ascend.

I did receive some money in 2019 but it was for approx. half the amount they are referencing. Also, how do I know if commission hasn’t already been taken by Ascend? Surely I would only need to pay once and it should be based on the amount actually received?

ps I do hope you get your issue sorted out

MM

Comment

Originally posted by MM8 View Post
          Hi

I’m new to the board. I joined because I received a letter from Bank-Smart today. They are saying that I received a PPI settlement in 2019 and I owe 32% commission plus VAT.

My account has been assigned to them by Ascend.

I did receive some money in 2019 but it was for approx. half the amount they are referencing. Also, how do I know if commission hasn’t already been taken by Ascend? Surely I would only need to pay once and it should be based on the amount actually received?

ps I do hope you get your issue sorted out

MM
          That'll be Francis Hughes Ltd trading as Ascend Finance.

The first thing you need to do is make a Subject Access Request - template here and edit to suit.

LegalBeagles

Make sure you ask, in particular, for your original contract (including terms & conditions) that you had with Ascend Finance and also proof of the PPI settlement. I would also ask them for proof of the assignment as presumably Ascend didn't inform you as they should have.

The PPI refund you got would almost certainly come straight from the lender, so Ascend's fee wouldn't have been deducted.

However if you entered into a contract with Ascend after 9 July 2018, CMC PPI fees were capped by law at 20% + VAT.

There's another Bank Smart/Ascend thread here **WON** Bank smart / Francis Hughes / ascend - LegalBeagles Forum

Comment

Hi I am in desperate need of help.

In approximately 2019 I was contacted by Bank Smart who said they would look in to my PPI claim on a no win no fee basis.
            I agreed for the paperwork to be sent thinking I had nothing to lose.
            I returned the paperwork and heard nothing for months and months.
            I then received more forms so followed the instructions and completed and returned them. Again nothing for months and months.
            I then out of the blue i received an email saying that I had outstanding invoices and to log in to my online account.
            This was the first time I even knew I had an online account with them.
            I logged in and was horrified to findout Bank Smart were wanting £3000 from me even though it was not evident the company and completed any work.
            I tried to contact them by phone but this was impossible, tried email and just received rude emails and threats of court action and bailiffs. I have complained twice and neither complaints were acknowledged. 22.06.20 and 04.09.20
            Email received 30.06.20 confirming payment received and all claims/invoices closed.
            The company are now demanding more money but I don't know how much because the log in details in the email don't work and they don't have a phone number.
            I am at my wits end, this company are hounding me, they have lied by saying it was no win no fee and left me in in huge debt because of their lies and scare tactics and are now demanding more.

Comment

Originally posted by Fernie View Post
              Hi I am in desperate need of help.

In approximately 2019 I was contacted by Bank Smart who said they would look in to my PPI claim on a no win no fee basis.
              I agreed for the paperwork to be sent thinking I had nothing to lose.
              I returned the paperwork and heard nothing for months and months.
              I then received more forms so followed the instructions and completed and returned them. Again nothing for months and months.
              I then out of the blue i received an email saying that I had outstanding invoices and to log in to my online account.
              This was the first time I even knew I had an online account with them.
              I logged in and was horrified to findout Bank Smart were wanting £3000 from me even though it was not evident the company and completed any work.
              I tried to contact them by phone but this was impossible, tried email and just received rude emails and threats of court action and bailiffs. I have complained twice and neither complaints were acknowledged. 22.06.20 and 04.09.20
              Email received 30.06.20 confirming payment received and all claims/invoices closed.
              The company are now demanding more money but I don't know how much because the log in details in the email don't work and they don't have a phone number.
              I am at my wits end, this company are hounding me, they have lied by saying it was no win no fee and left me in in huge debt because of their lies and scare tactics and are now demanding more.
              Hiya

Don't worry I'm sure we can get this sorted.

The best way to deal with it is to make a formal complaint which we can then take to the Claims Management Ombudsman whose decision is legally binding.

We can help you draft a complaint but we'd need the following:

1. The 2 complaints you made previously
              2. The email received 30.06.20 confirming payment received and all claims/invoices closed.
              3. The recent demands for more money.
              4. Anything else you think is relevant.

You can either post it up here or email it to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

One thing I don't understand is why did they email you on 30.06.20 confirming payment? Did you pay them?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X