• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have also received a letter from AJJB today saying exactly the same. It is such a worry and I am so annoyed as Allay have scammed me and so many others with fake digital signatures.

Comment

I would just ignore them. They're just trying to scare you into paying up. I very much doubt that they will issue proceedings because they know the chances are they would lose like they have in the only 2 cases I know of that have actually got to court.

Comment

Hello. I have never used a forum before so forgive my naivety.
        I found this post thread through a search following a shocking letter from a solicitor/ law firm representing Allay Claims today. 2 years ago I pursued PPI claims on behalf of myself & my ex husband as we had ofcourse shared an address in the past. My ex was awarded £1000 I don’t recall from which bank. I assumed the payment was the figure AFTER Allay had taken their percentage. In fact i’m
        sure the accompanying letter stated as such. Fast forward 2 years - the lady that moved in to my old address a year ago passed on a letter (she does that as we are friends - so post redistribution ended 6 months ago & if I still get the odd letter she passes it through my door). It’s addressed to my ex husband - at my old address - from LLB law claiming he owes Allay £350 & a CCJ will be sought if he doesnt pay. There has been NO previous correspondence from them in 2 years, my ex husband never lived at that address & they have never written to him at his address. I do t u sweats d how a company can move from no correspondence/ claim to monies - to a threat of CCJ IN 2 years with 1 letter?? I notice Allay claims have also recently ceased trading as such & slightly changed their company name. My ex husband is concerned & just wants to pay it. But if I correspond via the law firm a) are they likely to speak to me & b) will they charge us more for the correspondence!
        Surely a legal representation company making claims on behalf of its customers - suddenly & without warning deploys a legal representation company to claim monies on THEIR behalf should raise concern? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comment

P.S having now gone through the multiple posts you guys must be tired of hearing about this company! In simple terms I think I just need to know how to respond to this letter from LLB - to them? Or direct to Allay requesting evidence of their efforts to ever previously contact us - why they are writing to a man that never lived at the address & some form of proof they have a stake to claim in the first instance? Once I have done that I could go down the ombudsman route. My ex husband is too accommodating & wants to just pay them. He is worried about implications. But I just want proof we owe anything & evidence that they have co ta red is about this previously?

Comment

Hiya

I very much doubt that AJJB Law would be unwise enough to attempt to take anyone to court for £350. Legal costs aren't awarded in the small claims court so it would cost the solicitors more to bring the action than the claim is worth and they will know this.

Allay themselves took one of our members to court last year for a relatively high amount but failed spectacularly (see below) and I doubt they would attempt it again.

My advice would be not to respond to them. Doing so might only encourage them to continue with what are, in my view, hollow scare tactics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	J1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1585952

Click image for larger version

Name:	J2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1585953

Comment

I have had exactly this problem.

I think i initially clicked on an allay facebook ad around the time of the ppi deadline but never signed anything, never responded to any of their hundreds of texts asking me to set up an account with them and instruct them to collect ppi on my behalf, in fact i blocked their number. I continued to ignore their texts begging for my custom which later turned into demands for money from a small payment from lloyds that allay say they arranged on my behalf. I thought it was a scam so continued to ignore then i started getting text messages with the same frequency (at least daily) demanding money which was later passed on to a debt management comoany.

When i called the ompany ,CRS, to complain i was told they would contact allay on my behalf and look into my dispute. Instead i started getting messages from a legal firm called AJJB law threatening legal action. I believe all of these companies are linked in someway as when Allay closed CRS seemed to open and they all have a similar style of harassment t by text message and strange automated phonecalls.
              I'm tempted to just pay the money as this is all too stressful but I'm not sure if that is what they are hoping because legally they have no way of making me pay them because of their unethical/illegal practice. I haven't directly contacted Allay because I didn't want to acknowledge their claims but contacting the other two companies to complain has not made any difference. I'm still getting regular threats via text message.

Advice very welcome!
              Thanks,
              Sophie

Comment

Originally posted by SophieO View Post
                I have had exactly this problem.

I think i initially clicked on an allay facebook ad around the time of the ppi deadline but never signed anything, never responded to any of their hundreds of texts asking me to set up an account with them and instruct them to collect ppi on my behalf, in fact i blocked their number. I continued to ignore their texts begging for my custom which later turned into demands for money from a small payment from lloyds that allay say they arranged on my behalf. I thought it was a scam so continued to ignore then i started getting text messages with the same frequency (at least daily) demanding money which was later passed on to a debt management comoany.

When i called the ompany ,CRS, to complain i was told they would contact allay on my behalf and look into my dispute. Instead i started getting messages from a legal firm called AJJB law threatening legal action. I believe all of these companies are linked in someway as when Allay closed CRS seemed to open and they all have a similar style of harassment t by text message and strange automated phonecalls.
                I'm tempted to just pay the money as this is all too stressful but I'm not sure if that is what they are hoping because legally they have no way of making me pay them because of their unethical/illegal practice. I haven't directly contacted Allay because I didn't want to acknowledge their claims but contacting the other two companies to complain has not made any difference. I'm still getting regular threats via text message.

Advice very welcome!
                Thanks,
                Sophie
                Unless you get an actual letter of claim (which includes forms to fill out) I would ignore anything you get from AJJB. It sounds like they're only asking for a small amount so it's v unlikely that they'll issue proceedings for it.

Comment

Hi,

I was posting back here in May, and I just wanted to say a huge thank you to EXC for helping me win my case with the ombudsman against Allay; I really appreciate everything you've done for me. It's such a huge relief to know they can't hassle me anymore.

Kind regards

Kiera

Comment

Originally posted by Kiera_44 View Post
                    Hi,

I was posting back here in May, and I just wanted to say a huge thank you to EXC for helping me win my case with the ombudsman against Allay; I really appreciate everything you've done for me. It's such a huge relief to know they can't hassle me anymore.

Kind regards

Kiera
                    Thanks and you're welcome.

You've been treated utterly appallingly by them from start to finish and I'm just pleased we could help out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X