• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Symmetric systems Ltd Bank-Smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve58 View Post
    Hi, so having sent a formal complaint to bank-smart and having received an email receipt that it would take at least eight weeks to investigate, today I received an email from bank-smart requesting payment of invoices without any acknowledgment of the complaint!! I have replied to the effect that I am now passing on the complaint to the financial ombudsman if they don’t acknowledge the complaint.
    Bank Smart are unlikely to back down so I wouldn't hesitate filing the complaint with the Ombudsman. They've got a backlog of about 4 months before they start looking at cases as it is and even if & when the Ombudsman finds in your favour, Bank Smart are likely to appeal it.

Here's an appeal decision that's just been published Decision Reference DRN-2238057 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

Comment

So financial ombudsman has found in favour of bank-smart!! My complaint rejected! Still face £1350 fees for nothing gained! Seems following systems doesn’t always work!!

Comment

I can see you've just sent it to me, let me have a read and I'll let you know what I think.

Comment

You've got until 10 June to respond so give me a day or two and I'll draft a response. If that doesn't work you can appeal it to a senior Ombudsman.

Comment

Ok Thank you

Comment

Just an update- after protracted back & forth emails, the ombudsman has managed to get symmetric systems (Bank Smart) to waiver three claims as I managed to prove through documentation that their was no PPI. However, I’m still faced with an invoice for over £1000 instead of £1300. Having proved their was no PPI on three of the five claims, the ombudsman thinks it is unfair to ask Bank Smart to waiver the other two even though one company no longer exists and the other bank account was over forty years old!!! I have submitted so much mitigating evidence but the ombudsman thinks the fees are fair! The case is yet to have a final decision and he is not responding to emails!!! I’ve had no communication with Bank Smart whatsoever! How do I make a complaint against an ombudsman?? Or appeal to a more senior ombudsman?? I don’t think the current guy has handled this at all well!!

Comment

The FOS are f*****g useless. That YOU had to prove to them that you had no PPI is utterly ridiculous.

The final decision should have information on how to refer it to a senior Ombudsman but basically you just tell them.

Can you send me the decision when you get it please?

Comment

I certainly will but no final written decision yet! All I’ve had is his initial findings and then communication as to updates on his position once further evidence has been passed on to him!! Yes, I’ve had to spend considerable time trying to prove that Bank Smart had no PPI claims to pursue!! Even quoted the regs AGAIN that you sent me about it being their responsibility to establish claims!! This ombudsman strikes me as very inexperienced!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X