• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LOA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOA

Hi ,

I stupidly signed with a CMC a while ago. I heard nothing from them and then out of the blue got a letter from the bank stating they had received my complaint and were looking into it. They also stated that as the LOA I had signed for the CMC was over six months ago they couldn’t verify that I still wished them to represent me and would now deal with me directly and they had informed the CMC of this. One week later they sent a cheque telling me that my claim had been successful. Two days after this the CMC sent a letter stating “the bank had changed its policy and I need to sign another LOA” . My question is what is the best thing to do here:

1) contact CMC and tell them that I had been paid out and pay?

2) bank cheque and ignore?

please help!
    Tags: None

It very much depends on the wording of the original LOA and the terms of the contract. If you could tell me who the CMC is I may be able to advise.

Comment

The CMC is Chandler Simmons

Comment

I take it this was for a packaged bank account claim?

Their T&Cs aren't clear on the length of time an LOA is valid. Most banks will require an updated LOA every 6 months so I think you could maybe argue that as the LOA has expired, so has the contract and that signing a new LOA is entering into a new contract which you have a right not to.

But it may depend on the wording of the LOA itself. Do you have it?

Comment

Hi thanks for looking into for me.

no this was a PPI claim I sent them all the documents over a year and a half ago. Attached is the terms from the bottom of the letter I do have a picture of the whole LOA but don’t know how to remove the personal info from it
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Winkingholes View Post
            I do have a picture of the whole LOA but don't know how to remove the personal info from it
            Try covering it with post-it notes then taking a photo.

Comment

Ok managed to do some electrickery on it see attached.
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, this is no help at all, but I hadn't heard of this company before. They appear to be a Trading Style of an Estate Agent.......which says it all really.

Comment

Originally posted by Winkingholes View Post
                  Ok managed to do some electrickery on it see attached.
                  Ok thanks.

I would be tempted to ignore their request for you to sign the new LOA but if they get shirty come back and I can draft a letter of complaint for you.

Comment

Thank you for this. It was the conclusion I was coming to, but read things about people getting bills for breach of contract and other nasties. Will come back if I hear any more from them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X