• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell - Incorrect Default Date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell - Incorrect Default Date

So long story,

Back in 2013 I changed my phone contract while at Uni and missed my last payment of £50 (unknowingly at the time), in 08/2014 the account was declared defaulted and then was sold to Lowell in 2017.

In 2017 this was the first time I was made aware of this, I payed it immediately and was declared settled.

I only recently was thinking about this as it had been affecting my credit score for some time and had remembered it had been mentioned in emails from Lowell the original default date had been 2014.

I had emailed them in 2018 challenging them on this and they sent me an email insisting that it was correct and at the time I had left it. Now back 2020 I was wondering why it hadn't been removed from my credit account so had done some searching in my emails and re discovered this, I thought it was worth a try challenging it again and initially they argued it and today I received the following.

'Good afternoon, Thank you for your email. I apologise if we have not been in contact regarding this. Looking on the account I can see we have updated the default date to 10/08/2014 for you.I have contacted our credit file department to get this officially amended on your credit file for you. This will be completed in due course. Take care.'

I think this is actually appalling and there could be plenty of people out there having it effecting peoples opportunities to get into the housing market etc.

I'd really like to report them, does anyone have any recommendation to who I can report them too.

Maybe a little selfishly as well do you think it might be worth chasing some form of compensation ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X