• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank smart

Hi,*

i am writing this on behalf of my mum, she has received a letter this morning from MIL Collections stating that she owes a company called BANK SMART £964.82.*
    I have phoned MIL collections this morning and they have said BANK SMART are using MIL collections to collect debts from their customers, it is in regards to a PPI claim she made a few years ago but she didn't go ahead with. They've said that there's been 2 breaches of her contract because she didn't send back the documents required in order to process her PPI claim. Can anyone help ? what should my mum do? does she need to pay the money? Thanks for the help in advance! x
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Hi,

i am writing this on behalf of my mum, she has received a letter this morning from MIL Collections stating that she owes a company called BANK SMART £964.82.
    I have phoned MIL collections this morning and they have said BANK SMART are using MIL collections to collect debts from their customers, it is in regards to a PPI claim she made a few years ago but she didn't go ahead with. They've said that there's been 2 breaches of her contract because she didn't send back the documents required in order to process her PPI claim. Can anyone help ? what should my mum do? does she need to pay the money? Thanks for the help in advance! x
    Hiya

Do not pay them. We have lots of experience dealing with these issues with Bank Smart. The best thing to do is to make a formal complaint to them and if that's unsuccessful you then have the right to take your complaint to the Claims Management Ombudsman.*

In order to help you with your complaint we'd need some information on the history of your mum's dealings with them. It would be helpful if you or your mum could register on this site (it's free & easy) so that you can upload documents etc and so you can receive email notifications of responses.

Comment

Hi,

thank you for the response. i will get all the information you need from my mum and get back to you. will you charge for this service at all? Thanks*

Comment

Ok initially it would be good to see a bullet-pointed history of your mum's dealings with them if you could post it here. Document wise Bank Smart usually send out an itemised list of charges with their 'breech of contract invoices' so if you have that it would be helpful to see, plus any copies of Letters of Authority that your mum might have signed. Sorry to ask you for all this but the more info we have, the better the complaint grounds and the better your chances of getting them off your back.

If you're not comfortable uploading documents here by all means email them to me nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

No, we don't charge anything.

You might be interested in listening to a piece we contributed to on BBC Radio 4 Moneybox last year (fast forward to 7 minutes in)*https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0009z2m

[Thread moved to Claims Management forum]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X