• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay Claims Itemised Bill for Cancellation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allay Claims Itemised Bill for Cancellation

Hi

Back in August I must have been a bit silly and filled out a Free PPI check with Allay Claims, I’ve been bombarded with messages by them, so I emailed them to stop.

They then proceeded to say if I cancelled the claim I would be charged for texts, phone calls and what work they have done.*

They advices I had a 14 day cooling off period ~ I mean.... this must have been way down in the terms as I didn’t see this.

I’m self employed and don’t earn much at the moment and don’t need this extra steer with them. They mentioned I do have a valid claim but if I had arrears with the card, which I think I will have been any payment will be made to pay the arrested I’d still have to pay Allay their fee of 24% I just want this all to be cancelled and over. So either way I’m screwed!!

I can’t afford to pay them anything.*

Can anyone help, have got dealt with them before,
    Tags: None

The best way to deal with this is to make a formal complaint to them. That way if they don't back down you can then go to the Claims Management Ombudsman.

We can help you draft a complaint but we'd need to know more.

Firstly the Financial Conduct Authority banned Allay from promoting the free ppi checks online on 16 August 2019. When exactly did you fill out yours? Also when did you email them to stop bombarding you with messages?

Secondly the PPI claiming deadline came into effect on 29 August 2019 and so despite what Allay told you, you couldn't have had a valid claim to make after that date.

I'd like to see the itemised bill and any correspondence from them telling you that you had a valid claim after 29 August and especially recently. Either post it up here (removing any personal info) or send it to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

Comment

Hi, firstly, thank you so much I have sent an email with some attachments.

I haven’t got an itemised bill yet. They said I had a claim with Barclays so I said go ahead as, they said there will be no fee if I win. But what I’m worried about now I that I had arrears and they are going to use that to pay off the card and then ill still have the 24% fee to pay.

So I emailed them yesterday to say to not go ahead, as I felt bullied into doing it. I made a complaint online to the ombudsman.

Many thanks*

Comment

I signed the online e document on 23/08/2019

Comment

Hiya

Thanks for sending the attachments.

Although the Letter of Authority is dated 23 August, when did you fill in the free PPI check form and where did you come across it? It could be quite important.

Also how did you receive the Letter of Authority and contract that you esigned? Did you ever get a hard copy?

Ignoring the above the terms & conditions do state that they will still charge their success fee regardless of whether the award is set off against arrears. *

Comment

I am not sure when I filled it in. I think it was on Facebook. I feel so harassed by them. Tbh ones ignoring texts and blocking as I assumed it was junk calls/texts as I never answer to PPI. I complete forgot I had even sent off for it. It’s ridiculous.

All signed for was an enquiry online, as far as I am aware so gutted and they are pushing me against a wall. I’m self employed and already scared about my income without these wolves after me. thanks so much for your help. Do you have any complaint letter I could send to to them? They basically asking me to go forward with a claim or pay their bill (I think I have arrears with the Barclaycard) so anything I did win would go to that & id be screwed by their fee anyway, I’m so stressed over this.

Comment

I don’t recall seeing the form in the post. Or email the one I received from them the other day is the first I’ve seen of it since filling it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Vf1985 View Post
                Do you have any complaint letter I could send to to them?
                We need to establish what the complaint grounds are first. As I see it we've got 2 possibilities:

1. That you originally filled in the free PPI check on or after 16 August. If you did we can complain that any contract arising from it was invalid as Allay was banned from doing so by the regulator.

2. That you did not receive the ELoA and contract at the point that you signed it in an durable format (ie that you didn't get a hard or electronic copy) which is a legal requirement. It may be that Allay took your esignature from the free PPI chack and put it on the ELoA,

As we don't know the answers I think you should send Allay and Barclays a Subject Access request which hopefully will provide the documentation to answer the above. They are required to respond within 30 days.

See template here are edit to suit https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Once we have the response we can then hopefully draft a complaint accordingly.

Just a few other general points:

If it's a credit card that Allay is claiming PPI from it may not be a particularly large amount as credit card PPI was only charged as a small percentage on outstanding balances. So the worst way, if you did land up paying Allay a 24% commission it probably won't be much.

You say that you've complained to the Ombudsman online but they won't accept complaints unless you've previously made a complaint to Allay first and they have either rejected it or didn't respond within 8 weeks.

Comment

Hi, ok great. Yes I haven’t received anything in the post from them. They are trying to bully me into either cancelling or going forward with the barclsycard claim, and I’m unsure what to do now. The balance on the card would have only been about £1600 ish...

this is the response I have from them;

—————————-

Good Morning,
                  Thank you for your email.
                  I can confirm I have closed your Natwest case today.**
                  The remaining open case is with Barclaycard, for an account number ending in 2005, taken out on 08/03/2005.
                  Unfortunately we are not told the amount of PPI premiums paid or the amount of potential redress until the lender has completed their investigation into the account. We are not told by the lender if you have arrears with the account, just if PPI had been applicable to the account and the date that the credit agreement began, at which point a complaint is submitted as per the Terms of Engagement that you have signed.
                  As specified, if you cancel this claim now you will be sent an itemised bill for the work completed to date, with the charges as outlined in my previous email.
                  However, if the claim comes back and there is no redress due there will be*no fee.
                  You have advised the following “you’ve used my signature without my consent.*”; please note, your digitally signed documents provided us with the authority to pursue the PPI check and therefore, we do retain a valid, signed Letter of Authority and Terms of Engagement, and the same documents are valid to send to the lenders with a formal complaint.
                  Your claim with Barclaycard is currently ongoing and we will be in touch as soon as we have a decision, at which point you will be informed of any redress amount due to you and our invoice will be calculated based on this amount.
                  Alternatively, if you do not wish to continue, an itemised bill will be calculated and sent to you.* As we conduct a no win no fee service, it may be in your best interest to wait and see if redress is awarded on this claim instead.
                  If you are not satisfied with our response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks, you may refer the complaint to –
                  The Financial Ombudsman Service
                  Exchange Tower
                  London*
                  E14 9SR
                  Telephone:*0800 023 4567
                  Email:*complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk
                  Further information is available on the Financial Ombudsman Service website:
                  www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
                  *U

Comment

I know I’m so grateful

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X