• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allay

Hi there, well over a year ago I did a free PPI check online with Allay. From what I recall I didn’t even complete the form in full. They sent me a letter (more like a pack!) a week or two later, asking me to fill in my details but I just shredded the whole lot. They sent me quite a few emails saying the same thing... so and so bank have no record of PPI etc. This went on for a few months, I then had an email saying Sainsbury’s Bank had acknowledged there may be reason for a claim and asked me to fill in a form and return back to them so ‘to speed things up.’ I never filled in one of these forms on the email, they’ve also posted them to me & i’ve shredded them too. I’ve never responded to any of Allay’s correspondence, never written anything on any paperwork etc. Today I received a letter from Bank of Scotland to say they’d reviewed my PPI claim and were upholding the claim to a tune of £1145. Letter stated I would receive a cheque in the next 28 days. The letter had an Allay reference number on it but I’ve never acted upon anything Allay have ever sent me. Going by what I’ve read online, I should be expecting an invoice from Allay any day now saying I owe them this that and the other no doubt? And what happens if this cheque arrives? Am I entitled to it? Should I bank it? Where do I stand with Allay? I never instructed them to pursue any claims, I never even had any of the loan numbers or account numbers from any of the banks to provide Allay with! I’d got rid of all this info years ago as all these accounts had been settled years ago. I don’t want to be threatened with court action, equally I don’t see why I should have to pay Allay anything?! *Please help!*
    Tags: None

Hi, the money’s yours, of course you should bank it. When they send the the invoice you’ll want to do a DSAR to Allay and the banks involved and get all documents relating to you claim, check the signature on the letter of authority, if it’s anything like my wife’s it’ll be a forgery.

Comment

Sorry, I’m not aware what a DSAR is, can you clarify? Do I need to contact anyone like Financial Ombudsman or anything? **

Comment

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

You’re basically asking for all data that they have for you, this will include signed documents giving them authority to act on your behalf. I got the bank ones ok, still *waiting for the allay request. The signatures on my bank documents are a blatant forgery, hopefully yours are too.

If you get documents from Allay and there’s anything you don’t agree with, you have to formally complain to Allay, await their final response and then complain to the Ombudsman.

Please note I’m not an expert, I’m just giving you the advice I was given by some good people on this forum.

Comment

I have contacted Bank of Scotland who did indeed say they had a ‘signed’ form via Allay from me, I explained that I’d never had any direct dealings with Allay, certainly never signed anything. They told me they would send me this correspondence & for me to contact the CMC ombudsman which I also did. My point to both was that it was very concerning that a simple piece of paper with a signature on seems enough for the bank to give personal details out! What other details have this Allay had access to I wonder?!*

Comment

I’ve had a cheque in the post from a bank of Scotland. Still waiting for DSAR. Sainsbury’s should have my letter by now too. What do I do with the cheque? I was just going to wait until I received the DSAR? What do you think?

Comment

Also had Pro-Forma invoice from allay requesting I pay £309.17 when I get cheque. However their letter says this is a claim with Sainsbury’s and for a different amount of £1288. What is going on? A/C no’s on Bank of Scotland and Sainsbury’s are the same? Amounts different, banks different?*

Comment

Originally posted by MRB2020 View Post
                I’ve had a cheque in the post from a bank of Scotland. Still waiting for DSAR. Sainsbury’s should have my letter by now too. What do I do with the cheque? I was just going to wait until I received the DSAR? What do you think?
                As I said before it’s your money, have you had an invoice yet?

Comment

Yes, got invoice on Saturday from Allay wanting £309.17. Their letter said it was a claim Fromm Sainsburys though and for £1288 but I got a cheque from Bank of Scotland for £1145. Quoting same a/c no on both letters from Allay & Bank of Scotland. I’ve spoken to Sainsburys and written to them now with a DSAR. Also reported Allay to FCA and Police Fraud.*

Comment

I thinks it’s just a waiting game now, hopefully your *SAR request to Allay will come quickly.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X