• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Harrington Jones ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrington Jones ltd

Has anyone else had correspondence with PPI*Claims company Harrington Jones? They are making up fictional responses from Hsbc which indicate some payout (albeit menial at £147) and are now chasing compensation for PPI never received by HSBC.

How do I get these Guernsey based scam artists to stop sending me threatening harassing letters threatening court action for £58 commission for PPI I never received?

Wilson Rose is the name of the company chasing for Harrington Jones ltd.
    Tags: None

A few questions:

Did you ever sign an agreement with Harrington Jones or any other claims management company?

Did you have an account with HSBC?

Could you describe or better post up the 'responses' from HSBC without your personal info?

Subject to the above I would make a formal complaint to them, that way you then have the right to go to the Ombudsman for an adjudication if they don't uphold it.

[Thread moved to Claims Management forum]

Comment

Hi, many thanks for following up and apologies for my tardiness in responding. The kids have kept me very busy last couple days.

toanswer your questions;
      I have never signed an agreement with Harrington

Technically we have never had an account with HSBC however the original credit line was with HFC bank subsequently acquired by HSBC bank.

Allegedly, this Harrington company are now saying HSBC sent them a letter in response saying they are making an offer which needs to be taken up within ten days.

Up until now we have never received this letter directly from HSBC. Rather this seems like a scam whereby they extort money from the applicant.

I enclose three attachments -
      1. Another harassment letter from Harrington Jones c/o Wilson Rose

2. a letter from me in response
      3. Page 2 of my response to them

I am keen to hear your advice at this point because we are very worried that they could send bailiffs round for no good reason. This is intimidating.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for this. I've removed the letters you posted as they contain personal information.

Firstly you don't need to worry about bailiffs, they can only be appointed in circumstances where the matter goes to court, you lose and don't pay the settlement amount. I would be surprised if Wilson Rose even issued a claim for just £78. However you need to deal with it for peace of mind and in these circumstances attack is the best form of defence.

You need to make a formal complaint to Harrington Jones (copying in Wilson Rose) principally on the basis that you never received any compensation from HSBC or HFC and therefore any invoice relating to it is invalid.

You should state in the complaint that until such time as it is resolved, you fully expect all collection activity by either Harrigton Jones or Wilson Jones to cease, and that unless they uphold the complaint, you fully intend to take it to the Claims Management Ombudsman.

They have 8 weeks to give you a final response. By all means post up a draft of the complaint before you send it.

Additionally I would send a Subject Access Request to Harrington Jones ( see here and edit to suit*https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/ ) which might provide some useful evidence if you needed to go to the Ombudsman.

Comment

Thank you so much - really appreciate it.

will take you up on the offer to send a letter but post on here first.

once again - this means alot so really appreciate it. Just out of principle I felt this cannot be right!

post soon,

regards

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X