• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank smart, fraud?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank smart, fraud?

Hello, just new to the forum as panicked when I saw threads about Bank Smart. I agreed to them checking for me as I thought no win no fee. This was weeks ago and now I'm getting letters to complete LoAs for companies I know I've never used.
    what can I do to put a stop to it?
    Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Ok have you signed any LoAs? Have you signed any terms & conditions?

Comment

I signed initial paper work on 15/8/19. Not sure what I signed I've only kept their covering letter which mentions 'enclosed pre-completed forms'. I have since returned one LoA, think for Next plz but not sure.

Comment

Is this this the initial paperwork you signed? https://www.bank-smart.co.uk/terms_and_conditions.pdf

And you signed and returned one LoA?

Comment

Yes I believe this is what I signed. And only one LoA returned, I have 2 new ones that I will not return.
          thanks

Comment

Don't sign any more LoAs. I would suggest playing along with them on the one that you have signed ie responding to any requests for info etc.

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

Craigo, I know this is late, but you don't need to play along with them.

If you've never had a relationship with the business they're asking you for your authority to look at, they can't charge you for their time. The new regs introduced last year meant that there's a ban on fees where a consumer didn't have a relationship with the Bank in question. So in theory, you can call them and tell them stop sending you those forms.

If they do say you've had a relationship with them, ask them how they know. You might find the business is part of a larger group which purchased an old brand you did have. For example, Santander owns Debenhams store cards now and a lot of consumers get confused when they get an LOA that says 'Santander UK Plc on it', in which case go along. If not, you don't have to suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Awareness View Post
                  Craigo, I know this is late, but you don't need to play along with them.
                  I take your point about not having a relationship with a lender but I'm not sure it applies in this case. With Bank Smart we do actually recommend playing along with those who have signed LOAs because it can be easier and less stressful to deal with than not playing along.

Comment

It may not do given what the OP has said about signing something for Next, which is owned by Santander, but I still think its important the OP is aware of his/her options

Comment

Thanks, I haven't returned any more. Fingers crossed it goes away with nothing

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X