• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old PPI claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old PPI claim

Good afternoon. Just looking for some advice.
    some time ago (2019) I claimed PPi from Shop Direct. The claim was made through a claims management company who frankly made serious errors from info supplied. Shop Direct then contacted me to say info was contraindicative and requested I restart claim from scratch directly with them.
    Claim was successful, but I have now recieved an email from claims management team advising payout May other have been correct and requesting ai complete enquiry through BaringsLaw.
    Does anyone know if this is anyway correct and is this not outside timeframe. Thanks
    Tags: None

I'm struggling to understand your post so it's difficult to advise.

Who is the claims management company and when did you get the PPI payout from Shop Direct?

Comment

Hi. The claims management company are Reclaim your PPI. They started a claim on my behalf with Shop Direct.
      we talked through all the relevant info needed and they submitted claim.
      on two separate occasions, they completed the info incorrectly.
      shop Direct came directly back to me and stated the info submitted on my behalf was contra indicative of info held and suggested I restart claim directly.
      I won my claim but did think amount was low but as I had no paperwork I accepted the amount

now I get an e mail from Reclaim your PPI stating your claim may have been subject to systematic errors in the calculations used by Shop Direct and to complete form through BaringsLaw.
      Is this possible as date has long passed?
      and is there any recourse directly without this company

Comment

Well according to the FCA register Reclaim Your PPI Ltd haven't been authorised to conduct claims management activity since July 2019. Contacting you suggesting you can claim through Barings Law (or anyone) may itself be claims management activity.

Reclaim Your PPI Limited (fca.org.uk)

However it would be helpful if I could see the email from Reclaim Your PPI. Please forward it to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com and I'll give you my thoughts.

Can you tell me when you got the PPI payout from Shop Direct?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X