• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • A free service which provides vulnerable consumers the ability to record their personal circumstances at a given point in time when they are looking to protect themselves against further debt or related financial problems. This is done either by self-exclusion from credit and financial promotions or to slow down the credit application process.
    Vulnerable consumers can register for FREE


    Check if the Debt Collection Agency/Debt Purchaser contacting you is using the VRS register.


Advice About Tax

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Advice About Tax

    Me and my partner have lived together as common law husband and wife since 2002 until 28th November 2019.

    We have been officially married since 29th November 2019.

    Can my now husband claim for tax relief between 2002 and until 28th November 2019 and how does he go about it?*

    Also, would his employer now have to change his tax code as of 29th November to Married Man's Tax Allowance?

    Thank You xx
    Tags: None

  • #2
    There is no married man allowance anymore so no backdate. You couldn't* backdate anyway as you weren't married.

    If one partner is not using their full allowance then some of their allowance can be transferred across to the partner.

    You are responsible for telling HMRC of any changes and they will tell the employer of any changes to the code.


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




    Help and support with all issues related to finances. If you'd like information on sources of free, regulated, debt help and advice you can visit the Money Advice Service. It's an independent service, set up by the government to help people make the most of their money.
    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm