• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pension withdrawal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pension withdrawal?

During the first six months of the pandemic I had to cease being a freelancer and take a steady job. That job lasted a year before I changed jobs again. There is a small pension pot attached to that interim job and I have tried to see if I can transfer it into my current one but I gather there is some incompatibility between the way the two organisations handle pensions. No matter, I decided to just leave it as is. Then again, given that it is so small, I though about withdrawing it. However, there seems some caveat that states I should only be withdrawing it if I am actually retiring (I am not) and that it could affect other pensions I have in place.

Any experts on here simplify what's going on and what I should do?
    Tags: None

Solved!

Comment

So are you going to enlighten us?

Comment

Apols.

So, it transpires I should not have been worrying about these warnings and that I could indeed draw out the year's worth of pension However, in doing so I have been hit with 25% tax. It is what it is. The remainder will supposedly be in my account in 5-10 days.

Comment

Pity, you should have been able to transfer it to any of your other pensions or possibly a SIPP.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X