• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mr Lender Unlawful Charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mr Lender Unlawful Charges

Hi
    I am a bit of an old hand at PDLs don't ya know

With the rollovers did you agree to them and or sign a new agreement?

If you signed a new contract it makes things more difficult but not impossible.

If you didn't sign any personally i would stop paying and tell them to shove it.
    My reason is that the PDLs associations say they will stop interest after two periods of nine payment so that is loan and three times interest so roughly 700.

If they coerced you into rolling over i would do the same and cite the OFT guidelines on debt collection regarding vulnerable people. In it they say all debtors are ti same extent vulnerable.

If rolled them over and then had an issue i would think it makes things a bit more complicated.

A lot if PDLs say roll over then we can make an arrangement. IMHO this is just wrong.

Now i have a different way of dealing with them but that is because i can't pay. I ignore them.

I assume you are working. One possibility is to stop paying, save like mad and then in 2/3 months make an offer of a low amount.

I have nothing against DMC s and used one myself but what they won't do is challenge and unfair or unenforceable charges.

FP is right. Rather than rollovers the best option is to stop paying but for that you need either strength or moral support. Support you will find in bucketloads here and no one judges you.
    Well i do but have more stuff in my closet than the Vatican

Comment

I had Mr Lender back in the summer - they couldn't debit me (totally not my fault for a change, was some lloyds issue) and immediately started treating me as a late payer (immediate = day after) and then called hourly while i was at work. Actually they called my OLD number now used by someone else and left VMs to me on that number, for days, despite me calling and emailing with the CORRECT number and time to call to discuss.

So I called them and when finally reached them we had a shoutfest about disclosing my data in VMs , and I started emailing them about how unreasonable their charges are (to have the whole correspondence in writing for my future reference) and how actually they were supposed to debit me 650 but only tried 250 and rolled over the debt without my consent. i offered them the original amount as final settlement and NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES whatsoever.

it went on for a month - every time you email them another name sends the same email - my idea was that's actually 2-3 ppl responding and they use different names, their technique is that they annoy you to hell by repeating the same as if you are being delt with by a new agent. they play for time with it.

all this time they didn't report anything to credit agencies about having an account etc.

at the end i threatened i will complain about their unlawful charges and rollover, and highlighted that they can go through 100 names i won't change my mind, and kept sticking to my offer so they agreed to my offer. i paid off and that's it...

almost. then they logged with callcredit a late payment. interestingly, they "forgot" to log when they were properly paid, they only logged a late payment account so i complained again. (they logged an open account but it was settled.)

then after 5x more complaints they closed the account but refused the removal of the late payment despite how i kept going on about it that i was 1 working day late, the rest is their fault because of their rollover which i didn't wanted and the whole trick of playing for time. they never corrected it, kept sending me to call credit. i just couldn't be bothered going further afterwards, had much more serious issues so it's still there, settled and closed.

imo, stick to your guns with them and keep everything recorded.... good luck

Comment

There is an EXCELLENT guide here:

http://govanlc.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0...-glcs-new.html

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X