• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I don't fit Council's pigeon-hole!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't fit Council's pigeon-hole!

Before I begin, I beg no one even attempts 'advising' "speak to the Council" (or such like). In short, due to internal personality disorders, I don't fit their pigeon-holes. I can't suffer fools gladly, don't lie down, do submissive or brown tongue, especially to despotic bureaucrats. I respect 'who' not 'what' a person is. In short, I'm the nail that must be hammered down - sometimes by well rehearsed self-protect propaganda.

Now, by the Council's abject, "we refuse to acknowledge your homelessness MISS *****!" (her emphasis), I have been enforced to pay my own (homeless person) removal/storage fees that,(a) are not only the Council's duty of care (if the person cannot afford them) and (b) have, so far, accrued to almost £6,000; causing me 3 years' severe hardship, I have malnutrition [additional to other serious health issues, that is].

I urgently need this accrued (MY state pension) money be recouped and equally the Council 'encouraged' to ongoing pay the weekly £36 fees for the duration of my homelessness. Potentially, (a) I can then use the accrued to buy my own 'roof' [the council likewise "categorically refuse to house you (me)"]. And (b) have food-buying power.

PS: Sorry, but please don't waste both our energy and intelligence to suggest the LGO - staffed by ex-council employees! Ie, we with issues using the forums fully know autocrat power-Abuse is rife. It is only stalwart champions, aka legal Beagles, who give people voice. And, even if no solution, at least we know we are not alone. Bless you!
    Tags: None

Re: I don't fit Council's pigeon-hole!

I do not know a lot about homelessness, but I do know someone that does:

Legal definition of homelessness - Shelter England

These people are the real experts and I would hope would be able to give you all the advice you need.

Comment

Sometimes there are housing associations you can apply to directly who are more helpful and easier to deal with than the council.

If you are facing violence or abuse, Women's Aid have a helpline and can get you a place in a refuge.

Comment

Wqw, freya,

Have you ever considered assertiveness training?

(Teaching it, that is!!)

eep:
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks, if your comment is a back-handed compliment! Even if not, I'll take it as one.
          Would you believe I have mellowed somewhat? So saying, I do have 'moments' where handling my letters to read them requires asbestos gloves. Also, you don't get teeth like mine (my own I hasten to add) by not hanging on like a rotweiller!
          I'm just no good with incompetent, despotic bullies not having any basic common sense to do an equable job, simply diatribing tosh and propaganda.
          I take it you are not offering me a job.
          [I have on occasions been told my letters are used for training purposes - far cheaper than employing me, obviously].
          But (yes I know "don't start a paragraph with 'but'"), my (financial) problem is still out there! And worsening.:violin:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X