• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hardship Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hardship Advice

Yes I am living in privately rented accommodation. I applied for all the benefits i could yesterday. JSA , Housing Benefits and Council Tax. I don't have anything valuable to sell on ebay the pc i use is very basic and 5 years old and wouldn't command a worthwhile fee.

Back to nationwide. Should i ring them? I know you said i should write to them but:

a) I Don't have a printer or access to one
    b) My hand writing is terrible

I could email them as using their online banking service as they keep a record of emails sent and received. I found a few templates on the CAG website which seem half decent.

Comment

Originally posted by thebestrc View Post
      Yes I am living in privately rented accommodation. I applied for all the benefits i could yesterday. JSA , Housing Benefits and Council Tax. I don't have anything valuable to sell on ebay the pc i use is very basic and 5 years old and wouldn't command a worthwhile fee.

Back to nationwide. Should i ring them? I know you said i should write to them but:

a) I Don't have a printer or access to one
      b) My hand writing is terrible

I could email them as using their online banking service as they keep a record of emails sent and received. I found a few templates on the CAG website which seem half decent.
      If you are claiming financial hardship, I wouldn't touch CAG with a bargepole. Their interpretation of Financial Hardship was as pathetic as any forum I have come across. They are good for some stuff but for Financial Hardship is definitely not one of them.

You can email the CEO office btw for Nationwide or email it to yourself via an attachment and then go to your local library and print it out for a small cost.
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Why don't you post up the bare bones of the email you want to send here and we can help you make it hit the mark?

Leclerc is right, hardship circumstances are very individual, templates stand out a mile, you need to make sure it really expresses YOUR circumstances properly.

xx
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I would encourage you to print the letter at the library and send it with proof of postage - even if you also email them.

You need to set out your side of the story without interruption or bullying, have a record of what you have said and be able to prove that you have communicated with them and when.

I realise the printing and postage is an expense you could well do without, but you need to spend this to try and put a stop too massive charges from them on what they will see as an unauthorised overdraft.

Comment

Here's a potential draft of the email:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing this letter to explain my unfortunate set of circumstances that have caused me to become delinquent on my overdraft. I have done everything in my power to make ends meet but unfortunately I have fallen short and would like you to consider working with me to modify my overdraft. My number one priority is to keep my flat and I would really appreciate the opportunity to do that.

The main reason that caused me to enter an unauthorised overdraft is to cover rent, utility bills and general day to day expenses such as travel to and from work and groceries. Soon after being overdrawn insufficiently and my income stream being vanquished; due to me losing my job, I’ve had fallen further and further behind. Now, it’s to the point where I cannot afford to pay what is owed to you; Nationwide and other companies. It is my full intention to pay what i owe. But at this time I have exhausted all of my income and resources so I’m are turning to you for help.

6th July 2011 is date of hardship and I believe my situation is Temporary. I already have 3 job interviews lined up this week so I should be back in employment hopefully within the next 2 weeks.

Once my situation has got better due to employment, I feel that a modification to my overdraft agreement would benefit us both. I would appreciate if you can work with me to lower the amount owed and so I can continue to keep a roof over my head and also afford to make amends with your firm.

I truly hope that you will consider working with me and i am anxious to get this settled so we all can move on.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Name
            Date
            Last edited by thebestrc; 20th July 2011, 12:16:PM.

Comment

Dear Sir or Madam

I am contacting you as unforseen circumstances leave me unable to repay the unauthorised element of my overdraft - as I would otherise like and wish to do - for the next few weeks.

I was made redundant from my job as [insert details], an employment I have had for [how long]. This means I have had a sudden and considerable fall in my income, in fact at present I have no income at all.

I have already appplied earlier this week for all the State Benefits I understand I may be entitled to, but it will take time for the relevant authorities to process my claims and assess my entitlement before I can receive any payments which may be due.

I have been making every possible effort to obtain alternative employment and already have 3 job interviews lined up this week, so I hope to be back in employment within a short time.

However, in the meantime, I am in a situation of severe although I hope temporary hardship, and inevitably my priority has to be necessities at this time.

In the course of the coming week, I am obtaining advice about my finances and will be completing an Income and Expenditure sheet so as to work out a repayment plan to reduce the unauthorised borrowing with yourselves in weekly/monthly installments. I will be contacting you again with these figures to make proposals as to the amounts I am able to pay you, once I have had the relevant advice.

In the meantime, I am asking that you freeze interest and do not add any further charges to my account in respect of the unauthorised overdraft for a period of six weeks, to give me the opportunity to sort out my financial situation in these difficult circumstances.

Yours Sincerely,

Comment

Thank you for redrafting my 1st attempt. I'll fire this off in the post by recorded delivery and also send it to them in an email. Should i send this to my local branch or to the one where my dad actually opened the account years ago???

Comment

Which authorised this overdraft ? Who do you usually deal with ?

Comment

I only have one overdraft with Nationwide. My dad opened this account for me ages ago. I just wanted to know where i should send the letter to??? My local branch in Birmingham City Centre or the branch at which the account was opened the one in Handsworth.

Comment

Post #21, good one Springer

Comment

The branch at Handsworth where you opened the account will be deemed 'your branch'.

Good luck x
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by thebestrc View Post
                          I only have one overdraft with Nationwide. My dad opened this account for me ages ago. I just wanted to know where i should send the letter to??? My local branch in Birmingham City Centre or the branch at which the account was opened the one in Handsworth.
                          Not the branch if it is about financial hardship. In the financial hardship forum there is a list of addresses.

Refund of Charges Team
                          Nationwide Building Society
                          Kings Park Road
                          Moulton Park
                          Northampton
                          NN3 6FB
                          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

How are you getting on with this ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X