• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

can i get help going bankrupt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i get help going bankrupt

hello everybody. what i'm hoping to get is any advice is if i can get help going bankrupt as everything has come on top off me . i'm disabled and have been black listed many time's. i have tryed to talk to all the people i owe money to council tax etc but they all want to much money. im not using this as a cop-out but having thought long and hard i'm left with no option but to go bankrupt. i understand there are fee's to pay to do this and i can not afford to do it myself. so thats why i am wondering if the is any help out there ....

thankyou for reading this

bob
    bob
    Tags: None

Re: can i get help going bankrupt

Hi Bobbed

Can you complete the I & E sheet to see your income and expenses and then we can advise ways to help.

Also list all your debts.

Omit any personal details and upload the completed form here.

Has anyone issued a stat demand at this stage?

Tuttsi

Comment

nobody has issued stat at moment but getting alot of letters from debter's also has alot of phone calls . i got that many that is what making me ill with my depression that i had to plead with my phone company to change my number. the company's are robinson way/buchanan and clarke/ moorcroft kept calling at my door/clarity/lowell/global recovery/newman/premiumfirst/bryan carter solicitors/horwich farrelly solicitors working on behalf of robinson way/red debt collections/ pastdue credit solutions. i have listed all the amounts that they say i owe. the amounts are as follows

robinson way £1119.75
      buchanan clark £202.22 but 4 weeks later they now want £556.03 for the same debt
      moorcroft £349.35
      clarity £ 4722.45 old finance with welcome
      clarity again £145.58 says they have default notice under 87(1)of the consumer credit act 1974.
      lowell £297.30
      globel debt recovery £24.86 and they say they going to sue me for that amount.
      newman £1.234.97
      premiumfirst £105.58
      bryan carter solicitors £550.44
      horwich farrelly solicitors £ 266.72
      red collections £315.62
      pastdue credit soultions £82.11

total amount is £9770.76
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      nobody has issued stat at moment but getting alot of letters from debter's also has alot of phone calls . i got that many that is what making me ill with my depression that i had to plead with my phone company to change my number. the company's are robinson way/buchanan and clarke/ moorcroft kept calling at my door/clarity/lowell/global recovery/newman/premiumfirst/bryan carter solicitors/horwich farrelly solicitors working on behalf of robinson way/red debt collections/ pastdue credit solutions. i have listed all the amounts that they say i owe. the amounts are as follows

robinson way £1119.75
      buchanan clark £202.22 but 4 weeks later they now want £556.03 for the same debt
      moorcroft £349.35
      clarity £ 4722.45 old finance with welcome
      clarity again £145.58 says they have
      lowell £297.30
      globel debt recovery £24.86 and they say they going to sue me for that amount.
      newman £1.234.97
      premiumfirst £105.58
      bryan carter solicitors £550.44
      horwich farrelly solicitors £ 266.72
      red collections £315.62
      pastdue credit soultions £82.11

total amount is £9770.76
      will put my incomings and out goings on next
      Last edited by bobbed4345; 14th April 2011, 13:40:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      bob

Comment

For starters take a DEEP breath and relax.
        There IS light and help available.

Firstly you need to read the first link in my siggie

Comment

monthly income

£384.00 child tax
          £135.00 child benefit
          £440.00 esa
          £285.00 dla

total £1244.00

monthly out goings

£ 100 towards rent arrears per month
          £ 120.00 car fuel school run's shoping etc. per month
          £ 380.00 shopping per month
          £ 120.00 gas (card meter) per month
          £ 120.00 electric ( card meter) per month
          £ 25.00 tv license per month
          £ 30.00 telephone internet. per month
          £ 20.00 overpayment social per month
          £ 50.00 fine for no tv licence ( fined £620.00 ) per month
          £ 30.00 milkman per month
          £ 67.00 car insurance ( due to having accident last year ) per month
          £ 80.00 council tax arrears per month
          £ 28.00 towards dinner money for kids per month
          £ 30.00 dog food

total out going's per month is £1200.00. we are left with £ 44.00 per month if lucky
          bob

Comment

Thanks Bobbed

Electric and gas seem seems a little high? I wonder if you could get cheaper with another supplier?

There also be vets bills, for dog, hair cuts, prescriptions and presume that would swallow up the remaining £40 + anything else which has been missed off.

How many kids and ages?

Who pays the rent as you only state rent arrears?

You alwaysw have to pay the necesities first which keeps a roof over your head and that of your children and food.

How much longer will you be paying the arrears on council tax, Rent and TV Licence?

Originally posted by bobbed4345 View Post
            monthly income

£384.00 child tax
            £135.00 child benefit
            £440.00 esa
            £285.00 dla

total £1244.00

monthly out goings

£ 100 towards rent arrears per month
            £ 120.00 car fuel school run's shoping etc. per month
            £ 380.00 shopping per month
            £ 120.00 gas (card meter) per month
            £ 120.00 electric ( card meter) per month
            £ 25.00 tv license per month
            £ 30.00 telephone internet. per month
            £ 20.00 overpayment social per month
            £ 50.00 fine for no tv licence ( fined £620.00 ) per month
            £ 30.00 milkman per month
            £ 67.00 car insurance ( due to having accident last year ) per month
            £ 80.00 council tax arrears per month
            £ 28.00 towards dinner money for kids per month
            £ 30.00 dog food

total out going's per month is £1200.00. we are left with £ 44.00 per month if lucky

Comment

How many kids and ages?

Who pays the rent as you only state rent arrears?

You alwaysw have to pay the necesities first which keeps a roof over your head and that of your children and food.

How much longer will you be paying the arrears on council tax, Rent and T

my boy's are 13 and 15

im in a council house and get housing benefit. i got 3000 behind in rent as i had a breakdown and was put into hospital for my own safety. they took me to court and the house was put on a court order and thats how much i was told to pay every month by the judge. the council tax arrears is also nearly 5000 in arrears as it's also for a prev address i feel so ashamed it's got to this. the heating bills are really bad as i need to gas on all day to kep my arms legs warm. and need tv on all night with a light also washing machine on nearly twice aday with me being in wheelchair i need sheets washing etc. . agin until i pay the fine i have not sure how long it's going to take me i'm so confused and not sure what day it is most of the time
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              and im sure the council are just waiting for a excuse to get us out of the house...
              Last edited by bobbed4345; 14th April 2011, 15:11:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              bob

Comment

You will find in here at post 3 some harrassment letters which you should send out to all your DCA friends to tell them in no uncertain terms to stop phoning and harrassing you. You need to keep everything in writing and you must never speak to these people on the phone.
                http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=2517

You will need to put all your figures on to this I&E sheet http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...1&d=1231968465 as you will need this eventually when you write to your creditors.

Also, start to read up on Curlys advice and if you need some help just shout.

Comment

thankyou tuttsi for you help and advice. i will be posting letters out to all of them. can i ask one more question please. is theer any templates of letters on here that i can get a idea of what to say to them..

thankyou again bob n deb x
                  bob

Comment

Bobbed what sort of letters are you looking for?

Out Debt section http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...splay.php?f=42 would have different letters for different things.

Try not to copy letters verbatum and put your own words in to suit your circumstances but keeping the gist of the letter. For instance you can tell them you are disabled.

If you want to post a letter up once done omitting your personal details we will help you correct any facts that are not right.

Comment

I would do a complete benefit check just to make sure you are indeed getting all you are entitled to in your situation. Benefits adviser service : Directgov - Do it online
                      Extra relief on Council tax can be got if you fall into this category
                      Other Council Tax reductions for disabled people
                      People who are severely mentally impaired
                      For Council Tax purposes, a person is severely mentally impaired if they have a severe impairment of intelligence and social functioning which appears to be permanent. To be eligible for a Council Tax reduction, the person will need a doctor's certificate saying that they are severely mentally impaired and to be entitled to one of the following benefits:
                      Disability Living Allowance care component at the middle or highest rate
                      Attendance Allowance
                      Constant Attendance Allowance
                      Severe Disablement Allowance
                      Employment and Support Allowance
                      Incapacity Benefit
                      Income Support including a disability premium (this includes anyone whose partner has a disability premium for them included in their income-based Jobseeker's Allowance)
                      the disability element of Working Tax Credit

You should also be able to get help from your Utility Company with your fuel charges or get a cheaper tariff details should be on your providers website or give them a call.
                      Enaid x
                      This you should be able to get back dated if you qualify

Comment

Have you thought of phoning the CCCS and talking to them? They can advise you as to any help you can get with your problems, and it may be worth asking them about something called a Debt Relief Order.
                        I've recently gone through this myself and feel a whole lot better for doing so. There are certain limitations on a DRO, but as you don't own your own home and probably don't have any other assets that you can sell, this might be a way for you to start to sort things out.
                        Their phone number is 0800 138 1111, and/or you could go online and have a look at how they might be able to assist you. (Debt help | Free debt advice for UK debt problems | Free debt management | CCCS
                        )
                        I hope this helps and that things get better for you soon, take care....
                        Why me?

Comment

thankyou for all your help everybody x
                          bob

Comment

firstly I would follow advise of all above, if you can find an alternative to Bankruptcy then do.

Secondly, if you do have no alternative but Bankruptcy speak to te clerk at your local county court (use http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSCourtFinder/ for contact details). As you state you ar on benefits it is extrememly likely you qualify for a reduction in the court fees, the court will advise on this. further they will be able to assist in completing the necessary paperwork, it looks daunting but really is quite simple if you just go through 1 question at a time, if you need help with this either post up on here for assistance of approach your local Citizens Advice Bureau who can help.

The CAB also sometimes have details of charities who may be able to help with the costs of going Bankrupt if this is your only option, it may well be worth speaking with them.

Whatever you end up doing, good luck..

Comment

thanks paul i am going to talk to the courts todays and see what they can do to help. i will let you know what they say .
                              bob

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X