• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from Barclays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from Barclays

Hi all, I have a longstanding and ongoing nightmare situation with Barclays Bank can anyone please tell what my next move should be.......

Many months ago I was given reduced hours at work and my finances as a consequence suffered greatly. I already had an overdraft and a loan which I was paying back so I wrote to barclays and told them that I would be paying back £20 for my loan and £10 for my overdraft per month which I started to pay by standing order, they wrote back saying they refused this offer and that they will still be charging interest, but I carried on paying it because this was all I could afford. I also wrote to them several times giving my new address details and asked them to cease all telephone calls and only contact me in writing which they also have refused to acknowledge, well a few weeks ago I recieved a letter from them saying that they want me to go to a barclays branch to confirm my new address and to fill out yet another budget planner then telephone them to discuss a resolve loan. They already have a budget planner for me from when they agreed that I was in financial hardship, I have sent them copies of the letter of financial hardship and also copies of the budget planner in the past. I am loath to send them another one or visit a barclays bank to prove who I am, and I certainly do not want another loan even if it is to resolve the last one. What should I do next as I'm at my wits end with them. I hope this is making sense to whoever reads this, I recently had a breakdown and am on anti depressants so not a lot of anything is making sense to me lately. Please help XX
    Tags: None

Re: Letter from Barclays

Barclays have the right to ask for Identification for a change of address. There is nothing to stop you from going into Barclays with ID and change the address(and get rid of any telephone numbers that they have for you ).
    They do have the right to ask for an income and expenditure form every single month that the loan/overdraft is outstanding. At the end of the day, financial hardship is financial hardship so they cannot dispute this and if they do then we can deal with that at that point.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X