• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rejected Claim Letter From Co-op Smile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejected Claim Letter From Co-op Smile

Hi all,
    got my final letter rejecting my claim for refund of charges under hardship rules, from co-op bank yesterday.

The basis of their rejection is apparently cos I didn't send them proof documents to verify hardship. I actually sent them 2 or 3 times, by special delovery, of which I have receipts/signatures etc and have told them this more than a couple of times.

The DWP have already suspended my benefits as they say I'm 'fit to work'. I cannot get my money reinstated until they get my appeal request; which I've sent, but they also want yet ANOTHER doctors letter to put wiuth my appeal; the conundrum is, got no phone credit to call doctors and even when I borrowed my daughters mobile to ring for an appointment, theyre 'full up' (had same problem last couple weekends ago, BEFORE ending up being abulanced into a&e with a brain aneurysm!!! No appointments...) same again now, AFTER... so alll in all its a bit pooh and evry juncture is a hard slap in the face; the co-op being the latest. Will scan letter in next. Got little joy with dwp and all they could offer was a crisis loan of £60 (getting that was an exercise in humiliation and i think its intended to be that way to deter people) I reckon its a secret conspiracy to cull thge poplulation!! If we don't die from stress, strokes, brain or heart aneurysms, they'll just deny us the basic means to live and if that doesn't work, take away access to healthcare. (yup, feeling tad cynical and hopeless at moment) :-(
    mot sure wot to do mow... very little left in the energy/fight bank n even less in bank... any suggestions? (seriously feel in danger of another major brain episode happening! Stress is literally pounding my head I can physically hear my pulse in my ears like a clock ticking!!!) Sorry to be such a whinge-bag. Thanks in advance for any ideas guys. Hugs, CatX

/

Paper clips - the larval stage of coat-hangers!

Re: Rejected Claim Letter From Co-op Smile

[ATTACH]2941[/ATTACH]

Comment

I assume the evidence was sent to the address on the above letter?

I would printout the signatures and confirmation of receipt from the Royal mail post office site and send them copies asking if the member of staff who has signed for the post can be disciplined for binning/destroying mail for the bank which does put into question their reputation for an ethical caring bank.

Comment

Hi Nattie,
        apologies for the late reply; alas I have had another spell in the hospital and only just got out today. Will get those signatures photocopied and sent to bank and see what they have to say about that. It seems to defy logic that they'd have my letter but NOT the supporting documents. Trouble is, the signature is barely more than a squiggle/illegible scribble... (methinks this is intentional as no-one can seriously make their monicker THAT appalling, honestly!!!) lol

Comment

Include the fact that you have been in hospital because this is part of the financial hardship claim.

Comment

Hi Nattie,
            I've taken your advice and fired off another letter to 'smile', along with copies of the scrawl (signatures) of the employess who signed to receive my documents. I have stated in no uncertain terms that I do not consider my complaint to be resolved; that I find it deeply troubling that sensitive and confidential documentation, which substantiates the veracity of my financial hardship, should be removed/disappeared, by an individual employee of the bank etc etc. I reiterated that they have by far exceeded the 8 week timeframe, not to mention, contravened their own guidelines on treating customers fairly and sympathetically and that far from finding any kind of resolution, they have added to my problems. I reminded them also that for every correspondance I had sent them, it had cost me an additional £4.95 to send letters/documents by the most secure/reliable means available(Royal Mail Express Delivery) to prevent such losses of important documents; only to have someone within their employ, screw it up anyway... I also mentioned that 2 hospital stays following a brain haemorrage/stroke, meant that my difficulties had become further exacerbated, financially and otherwise and I looked forward to their swift reply... so, mailed that this morning by Royal Mail xpress del which guaranteed delivery before monday midday... we shall see....

Finally managed to get a doctor appointment for Tues evening too!! Which means I can get my sicknote from doc and move forward with my appeal re reinstating benefits pending appeals tribunal etc... absolutely shattered from chasing around various bureaucratic procedures etc but happy to have got this much done (probably seems like very little but to me, like moving mountains right now:-)) Thanks again for your sound advice Nats and indeed everyone whose offered suggestions/help with this thing. Hope yr all ok? Will keep u posted as/when I hear from the 'ethical ones' (not!) Ho hum! XXX

Comment

Hi cat,

Found this:-
              Co-operative Group (Co-op) Peter Marks, Chief Executive
              peter.marks@co-operative.coop

Co-operative Financial Services / Co-op Bank Neville Richardson, Chief Executive
              neville.richardson@cfs.coop

& thought it might help!

Also:-

http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/se...SCtplStandard?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...ofits-uk-banks
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks Charity,

will have a look at the links shortly. I emailed this man Marks, but didn't hear back. I then sent the email by 'hard copy', normal post and didnt get a reply as such; just that letter rejection of my complaint whic i posted up (on this thread I think?) Anyways, it'll be interesting to see how they respond to my letter that i mailed yesterday (along with the electronic copies of previous signatures). Mmmm, we shall see. XXX

Comment

Hi cat,

Not sure whether you saw this on another post:-

Some info via Amethyst here:-

MoneyAdvice Map - free impartial money advice near you - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Important
                  The purpose of the Common Financial Statement is to provide an accurate overview of a person's income, expenditure, assets and liabilities. As a result, a third party organisation, ideally a free, independent advice agency, should complete the CFS with and on behalf of that person.

If you are a member of the public who has received a copy of the CFS to complete, we strongly advise you to seek support from a free, independent advice agency. You can contact National Debtline (NDL), directly for free, confidential, and independent advice on 0808 808 4000. NDL will able to assist you in preparing budget information to provide to creditors, and if necessary will be able to refer you to a suitable source of face-to-face advice.
                  (Quoted from Money Advice Trust)
                  Money Advice Trust - Welcome to the Common Financial Statement

It might be another avenue of attack!
                  Last edited by Tools; 3rd May 2010, 20:12:PM.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
                    Include the fact that you have been in hospital because this is part of the financial hardship claim.
                    Hi Nats,

took your advice and fired off that letter (again) to the (un) ethical ones... pointing out concerns etc that confidential docs were being 'disappeared' and updating them on my hardship situ becoming harder still re. brain haemorrhage/strole/hospital etc.
                    Received a brief reply saying they would further investigate my complaint... no mention as to docs going missing etc, nor any references as to how long this might take... so, I'm once again waiting to find out their next move. Thanks again for yr help/advice.
                    CatX

Comment

Ok spoke to Cat this morning, suggested she now goes to FOS with this.
                      It has been going on a while and although she has written to coop since I think she can take the letter from 10th March as final response.
                      As for the docs going missing, cat has proof of receipt at their end so don't think this is not an issue really.
                      Anyone feel free to comment.
                      Enaid x

Comment

Cat this is the link to BCOBs for claiming under hardship post FSA waiver lift Dec09m, which you should take a look at.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=20782

Section 9: Financial difficulties
                        137. Subscribers should be sympathetic and positive when considering a customer’s financial difficulties. Although there is an onus on customers to try to help themselves, the first step, when a subscriber becomes aware of a customer’s financial difficulties, should be to try to contact the customer to discuss the matter. This applies to both personal and micro-enterprise customers.*
                        138. Personal customers should be considered to be in financial difficulty when income is insufficient to cover reasonable living expenses and meet financial commitments as they become due. This may result from a change in lifestyle, often accompanied by a fall in disposable income and/or increased expenditure, such as:
                        loss of employment;
                        disability;
                        serious illness;
                        relationship breakdown;
                        death of a partner;
                        starting a lower paid job;
                        parental/carer leave;
                        starting full-time education; and
                        imprisonment

139. Financial difficulties may become evident to a subscriber from one or more of the following events:
                        Items repeatedly being returned unpaid due to lack of available funds;
                        Failing to meet loan repayments or other commitments;
                        Discontinuation of regular credits;
                        Notification of some form of insolvency or court proceedings;
                        Regular requests for increased borrowing or repeated rescheduling of debts;
                        Making frequent cash withdrawals on a credit card at a non-promotional rate of interest; and
                        Repeatedly exceeding a credit card or overdraft limit without agreement.

Income and Expenditure forms and addresses are here.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?t=18427

You need to remember that there is no provision within BCOBS or the previous banking code to refund charges as a result of financial hardship. However, all banks operate an exceptional circumstances process which may include a refund of charges during the period in which hardship was at its worst.

The first starting part on financial hardship is the bank but I would look at reviewing your financial position and cancel ALL non essential Direct Debits. Speak with your essential Direct Debit providers and see what they can do to help you, for example, some providers do have hardship funds available which can be applied for.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                          its Cat here. Sorry I haven't been around in ages. As you might remember me saying a while back, I had a brain aneurysm and stroke back in March. I've been recovering but having probs with memeory/concentration at the minute and also just back out of hospital again yesterday following another setback. The co-op have out and out rejected my claim and ignored all the letters / proofs i sent re. documents/receipts/copies of reciepts for documents etc and i'm sick to my stomach with banging my head against their brick walls! In addition, I was rejected for ESA on the 'work capability test' (scoring zero points!!) so am currently awaiting to take this to tribunal following an appeal. (When the s**** hits, its certainly does so in style eh, Lol) . would've posted a new thread but my brain doesn't seem to recall how to do this which is a bit frustrating; so please bear with me for my current incompetence. Hopefully, all grey matter will restore to good working order at some point in the future, until then, my apologies for errors and forgetfulness etc. Any ideas on how I progress with bank malarkey? Its been going on too long for me to just give up without a fight just cos they caught me at a low ebb. I think they perposely just try wear ya down and hope u go away!!! Uh-uh... not this Cat! Or am I wasting my time n effort in pursuing this do ya think? Any (more ) advice gratefully appreciated guys. Severly reduced benefits now and more so energy/ stamina etc... Hope everyone's ok and fighting on with success :-) Missed you guys. Lotsaluv, Cat X

Comment

Hi Cat

I am really sorry to hear about your traumas and hope that you will soon be fit and well as we missed you.

So far we here at Legal Beagles are not taking the bank claims any further due to the opinion we received from a top QC. Although some are still trying on their own. So far no cses have been heard and we are awaiting to see if anything transpires from these cases.

Did you take Eaids suggestion and go to the FOS with your hardship claim?

Take care hun

lots of <<<<<<hugs>>>>>>
                            Tuttsi

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X