• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCA response to my letter/Bank reclaim update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA response to my letter/Bank reclaim update

Hi all

Thanks to the help from you guys here and also a couple of template letters (which I was able to use) I wrote to the DCA company who were hounding me at my door. I finally got a reply which basically said they were putting the wolves 'on hold' and that they were 'unaware' of any dispute between their client and myself; also that they took cases in 'good faith' that there were no disputes or ongoing issues with account holders and their clients etc etc...

The situation with the bank themselves is that their last letter said very little really. Just to apologise that it was still unresolved (citing their reasons being 'because our investigations are continuing'. That my concerns are still receiving attention and they hope to reach a conclusion by January 16 2010.
    Thanking me for my patience blah blah and I may refer to FOS if I wish....

This is where I'm at with my request for reclaim under hardship guidelines.
    (As yet I've never recieved a penny in terms of any interim payments or refund of charges- partly I suppose bad luck with timing of the stay etc back in 07).

Trying to keep some optimism on the strength that there have been some successes since the test case result of Nov 25th....??

Just seems to be taking them an awful long time to decide anything... but I'm hoping that the continued correspondance (albeit says very little) is better than an out and out 'get lost, you lost, we won na na na-na na scenerio.... (she says hopefully; tho not entirely convinced... doh!)

At least I have some breathing space from DCA knocking at the door, which is one dread less... my heartfelt thanks to everyone who gave so much helpful advice with that... Thank you.

Hope everyone is doing ok and not getting too 'snowed under' (literally or otherwise!!!)

catXXX

Paper clips - the larval stage of coat-hangers!

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X