• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abbey - hardship closure letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abbey - hardship closure letter

Just a point to remember - if this will only take you to just under your overdraft limit, and they are only suspending charges to 2nd November, keep an eye on it becuase with monthly interest etc then you could creep back over your limit without noticing and then get charged overlimit fees etc which would start the whole charges snowball off again. Might be as well if you can pay a few quid in every month, even if its only enough to cover the interest, to make sure you stay under the limit. I know they'd only be charging themsleves but it would save you grief in future.
    Is no longer here

Comment

I would add a further point as well, if they have decreased the overdraft in the period in which you claimed it might be worth mentioning this to the FOS re the amount that they have offered.

Comment

Thanks for these - have noted and will act upon - yes they have certainly reduced o/d limit during the time they were charging and during the period when complaint had already been passed to FOS after due process of their complaints procedure and I made this point in the complaint. I've had a telephone call from the FOS introducing officer who is now reviewing and handling so I'll incorporate these points in a new letter

I'll report back - as things have moved into actual handling of the complaint at the FOS I think I should now be receiving swifter responses

Keep you posted

Mel

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X