• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is this a CCS scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a CCS scam

Hi

I have just received a letter from CCS collect saying that I owe £17647.21 to the department of work and pension. I am really worried as I have checked a list of possible claims and the only relevant one was family tax credits that I claimed when I was married but it was all claimed in my ex husband's name into a joint account that I had no access to. I have been divorced for 8 years now and had to pay a settlement of £20,000 to him this week. Could he have passed the debt on to me now I've paid him off. This is the only correspondence I have had, nothing from HMRC ever before or is it a scam.
    Tags: None

Online searches indicate that CCS acts as debt collector for a number of government departments.

I suggest you request details of how the claim is said to arise and how it is calculated.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

There are a lot of CCS scam letters floating around,

I would suggest you ignore the contact details on the letter. Make your own enquiries to contact CCS and ask them if the letter is genuine.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X