• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Yorkshire Bank - Can i claim again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorkshire Bank - Can i claim again

Hi all

Im new here but have posted a few questions on moneysavingsexpert in the past. I like millions have a charges claim currently on hold until the courts make their decisions and would like to know a couple of things :-

1. I succesfully claimed £1,785 back from Yorskshire Bank last year. My claim amount was in excess of £7,000 but i am in financial difficulty and with Christams coming etc i couldnt turn down the offer. In the offer was a statement saying that acceptance didnt hinder my chances of claiming the rest should the banks rule in my favour so i was dissapointed at the low amount but happy i could claim the rest. In my financial review the bank asked me to do it showed a negative balance each month of more than £500 and i think that proved im in hardship.My problem is that money they gave has been used to pay bills so im back to square 1, do i have a right/ option to ask them to pay me some more or is that it until the court rules ?.

2. How much longer are we expected to wait and what is the likelihood that we will win ?. Those charges put a huge strain on me financially and i think its wrong how the banks make £££££ while we go from bad to worse.

All opinions / advice needed.

Thanks

Re: New here would like some advice

Hiya and a warm welcome to Beagles.

I believe you may have a chance to claim again under the hardship rules. Please have a read on this forum Hardship Claims - Legal Beagles then once your ready start a thread of your own there and help will be along for you.

Comment

Yorkshire Bank - Can i claim again

Hi all

Im new here and wanted some advice please ?.

Last year i accepted a part settlement on my £7,000 charges claim due to financial hardship. They offered £1,785 and i took it because i really needed it. I completed a financial review for the bank which showed them i had over £500 more going out than coming in so they agreed i was in hardship. I really expected a bigger offer but accpepted the one they made.

The letter that came with the cheque said i still had a right to claim the rest if the court rules in my favour so i was pleased about that.

The problem is £1,785 didnt go very far given the amount of negative income i had and i have used it all, now im back to borrowing from cards etc again.

Can i request a further part settlement from YB or is that it and i have to wait for the court ruling ?.

Thanks

Comment

Re: Yorkshire Bank - Can i claim again

Hi Rangi

A warm welcome to Legal Beagles.

There is no reason why you cannot do an updated Income and Expenditure schedule
        http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=5102

Then write a letter enclosing ALL your evidences supporting your current hardship, income and expenditure schedule and a revised schedule of charges.

Any explanations in your letter which has esculated your hardship ie illness, loss of job etc....will also help your plight.

Just shout if you need some more help.

Comment

Threads merged and moved to Hardship forum

Pkea

Comment

Well i contacted the people in spoke to at YB when the offered me the part payment and they said i am not allowed to claim again and that i have to wait for the court ruling now.

I asked if they could tell me how much longer that would be and ofcourse they said they didnt know.

Waht made me laugh is that they said go in my branch and see if they can help. Yeah right, course they will.

Guess its a no win situation, we wait until the big wigs decide they can be bothered to sort this out.

Im sick of it and ive learnt my lesson, once im back on track i will never get into this again, ever !!!!

Comment

Rangie

Has your situation worsened in regards to your hardship situation!

If it has then as I said earlier, do another I & E, wite a letter explaining why your situation has changed and also enclose all your documentary evidences to support your claim.

Unless your situation has esculated and altered dramatically YB do not have to consider your claim favourably.

Comment

No it hasnt got worse but it hasnt improved either. The part payment allowed me to pay my bills from my bank without borrowing for 3 months and now its gone im back to square one. That was the point i was making, the fact that the help they offered hasnt had much impact.

Its very frustrating to think they have over £5k of my claim amount sat on hold even though they agree im struggling.

I just think they should be helping more, other people on various forums who were given part payment received drastically more than i did and ive heard that YB are the only bank being over difficult so to speak.

I guess as always its their way or no way.

Comment

Rangie,

If you meet the criteria in this thread lasek22uk vs Natwest - Hardship claim REJECTED - Legal Beagles and posted by Tutts in post #6, then you should attempt to claim again.

As you point out, it's not fair that the banks can have their cake and eat it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X